Solved Low forage rate?

abcdebony

Farmhand
EDIT: This issue was solved by re-downloading all effected mods! Thank you to those who commented to help :)

Hi,

I have many mods running in my game but the ones pertinent to my question are Walk to the Desert Redux and Ridgeside Village.

I'm using the Blackberry Fields Farm layout and also downloaded DaisyNiko's Earthy Recolour. Initially, before Earthy Recolour, my forage rates in both Walk to the Desert and Ridgeside were normal, but since adding the recolour, I get no forage spawning in Ridgeside, vanilla or Ridgeside specific, and no monsters or forage in Walk to the Desert. There don't seem to be any errors in my SMAPI window so I'm really unsure what happened - does anyone have any ideas?

Here's my SMAPI log: https://smapi.io/log/f0851bff6cca4a95b2217086acee95e4

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Kreeate

Rancher
Hi,

I have many mods running in my game but the ones pertinent to my question are Walk to the Desert Redux and Ridgeside Village.

I'm using the Blackberry Fields Farm layout and also downloaded DaisyNiko's Earthy Recolour. Initially, before Earthy Recolour, my forage rates in both Walk to the Desert and Ridgeside were normal, but since adding the recolour, I get no forage spawning in Ridgeside, vanilla or Ridgeside specific, and no monsters or forage in Walk to the Desert. There don't seem to be any errors in my SMAPI window so I'm really unsure what happened - does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks!

Not exactly sure what the issue may be, but according to DaisyNiko's post below, it's not Earthy Recolour that's causing the issue.

1623614104414.png

Perhaps upload your full SMAPI log here and we can have a look at some of the other mods that may be causing this issue.

abcdebony

Farmhand

Kreeate

Rancher
A couple questions...

Are you using Vortex as a mod manager?
Where did you download "Lost Valley Forageables 5.0.0 by Trent XV" from? I can't seem to find it on nexus or anywhere else.

I can also recommend to Verify Integrity of Game Files in Steam.

Everything else seems okay to me. Some minor issues with Adopt & Skin mod, but I'm guessing that's due to it being an unofficial update and I doubt that's causing your issue.

abcdebony

Farmhand
A couple questions...

Are you using Vortex as a mod manager?
Where did you download "Lost Valley Forageables 5.0.0 by Trent XV" from? I can't seem to find it on nexus or anywhere else.

I can also recommend to Verify Integrity of Game Files in Steam.

Everything else seems okay to me. Some minor issues with Adopt & Skin mod, but I'm guessing that's due to it being an unofficial update and I doubt that's causing your issue.
Hi there,

I use Nexus to download all mods, and the Lost Forageables is part of Boarding House I think :)

It's strange, I went into the Walk to Desert area yesterday after posting this question and I had forage and monsters, so I wonder if it was directly linked to my levels (started a new farm... again recently, so back to levelling up all skills!) I'm honestly not sure, but I appreciate you taking the time out to help me.

mouse

Farmer
Forage for custom maps is typically handled by Farm Type Manager, so you can check the settings for those mods in their FTM packs. While unlikely(?) across multiple areas, it's possible for example with certain configurations to just not have any forage that day, or to have enough of a delay between spawning that you don't see any for a bit after harvesting, etc. All kinds of conditions can also be attached, so the progress links are also technically possible!

You can always ask for help in the modding channels of the Stardew Valley Discord server too, as many mod authors often hang out there and may already be aware of any issues :)