Looping Music

delonariel

Greenhorn
I wish there was an option in the game to loop the background music. I have ADHD and background music really helps me relax and focus on what I'm doing. As it is the game goes silent for such long stretches of the day that I find myself getting distracted and antsy. The only solutions at the moment are either using the jukebox (only works on your farm and changes tracks whenever you enter/exit a building), or muting the game music and playing something else, but that takes away from the parts of the game that actually *do* have music, like certain locations and cutscenes.

I understand that many people might find it annoying to have the music constantly repeat, but I'm sure others would appreciate having the option as well. It would be such a big improvement to the game for something that doesn't seem like it would be very complicated to implement.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I wish there was an option in the game to loop the background music. I have ADHD and background music really helps me relax and focus on what I'm doing. As it is the game goes silent for such long stretches of the day that I find myself getting distracted and antsy. The only solutions at the moment are either using the jukebox (only works on your farm and changes tracks whenever you enter/exit a building), or muting the game music and playing something else, but that takes away from the parts of the game that actually *do* have music, like certain locations and cutscenes.

I understand that many people might find it annoying to have the music constantly repeat, but I'm sure others would appreciate having the option as well. It would be such a big improvement to the game for something that doesn't seem like it would be very complicated to implement.
Do you mean in game or while having the tab in the backround?
If so and you are in a set place, you can have a jukebox playing the same song over and over constantly which is nice, it doesn't help in the mines or such and when raining but it is a start.
There was also going to be an item called the jukebox ring which would have been like a mobile jukebox but it was scrapped sadly.

delonariel

Greenhorn
Do you mean in game or while having the tab in the backround?
If so and you are in a set place, you can have a jukebox playing the same song over and over constantly which is nice, it doesn't help in the mines or such and when raining but it is a start.
There was also going to be an item called the jukebox ring which would have been like a mobile jukebox but it was scrapped sadly.
Like I said, the jukebox only works on your farm, and if you're doing chores and going in & out of buildings, the music will constantly cut off which gets a bit annoying. I don't know about you, but I rarely stay in one location for long. Another issue with the jukebox is that you can't set it to play seasonal music. You get one track on a loop or all of them randomized.

All in all I've found it more useful to turn off the in-game music and have a playlist of stardew music in another window, but again, this doesn't follow what's actually happening in the game.

An option to loop the in-game music which would take things like cutscenes, seasons, and locations into account the way it already does, is what I wish for.

Like I said, the jukebox only works on your farm, and if you're doing chores and going in & out of buildings, the music will constantly cut off which gets a bit annoying. I don't know about you, but I rarely stay in one location for long. Another issue with the jukebox is that you can't set it to play seasonal music. You get one track on a loop or all of them randomized.
All of this! The only places I spend a long time in are places where I can’t use a jukebox. I fish on the beach for hours. If the music can’t be looped, I’d settle for getting to choose what music plays in places I spend the most time by placing a juke box.

But I, too, love the seasonal changing of music and want it to loop more. Also it would be nice to hear rain and ocean sounds along with the seasonal music if the looped music option is added. Alternatively, I wish there were fewer places where entering makes the music stop. The mines can keep their music, getting on the bus is a fine transition to new music for me. But most of moving about the valley would be improved by continuity in the music.