Looking for a good random seed for the Switch console

Gam0820

Greenhorn
Hello all, I'm about to start a fresh run on my Switch and was hoping to get my hands on a Random seed to get me off to a great start. I was hoping some of you guys have had success and could share your seeds. Thanks in advance!

FarmerJane

Farmhand
Hi! It took a while, because seeds are different for switch than they are for PC (I kept trying recommended seeds on other threads and they never worked for me) but through trial and error, I can tell you that for the Nintendo Switch -

Seed #1 is pretty good -
(With randomized bundles, and completable year 1 checked)
The pantry has the flower bundle, and the first Friday the Traveling Cart has Fairy Rose, Summer Spangle, and Tulip so if you plant blue jazz on day one you can have a sprinkler from the bundle reward by the end of the first week. If you can get the money together in time, there's also a truffle.

Seed #25 is VERY good.
(again, randomized bundles, completable year 1)
Traveling Cart has an Ancient Seed for sale on Friday Spring 5 for 600g, and the crop fairy appears the night after Tuesday Spring 9. If you're lucky, you can be harvesting your ancient fruit before the egg festival. =)
The boiler room has the engineer's bundle, but both iridium ore and a battery are available at the Traveling Cart Year 1.

Note - The crop fairy is very likely but Not Guaranteed. It's happened all five times I tried this seed on my switch across multiple different farm layouts, but the fairy will not trigger if it's raining, and according to the wiki it checks 100 tiles at random and if it finds a crop it will trigger.

Toki Doki

Newcomer
Hi! It took a while, because seeds are different for switch than they are for PC (I kept trying recommended seeds on other threads and they never worked for me) but through trial and error, I can tell you that for the Nintendo Switch -

Seed #1 is pretty good -
(With randomized bundles, and completable year 1 checked)
The pantry has the flower bundle, and the first Friday the Traveling Cart has Fairy Rose, Summer Spangle, and Tulip so if you plant blue jazz on day one you can have a sprinkler from the bundle reward by the end of the first week. If you can get the money together in time, there's also a truffle.

Seed #25 is VERY good.
(again, randomized bundles, completable year 1)
Traveling Cart has an Ancient Seed for sale on Friday Spring 5 for 600g, and the crop fairy appears the night after Tuesday Spring 9. If you're lucky, you can be harvesting your ancient fruit before the egg festival. =)
The boiler room has the engineer's bundle, but both iridium ore and a battery are available at the Traveling Cart Year 1.

Note - The crop fairy is very likely but Not Guaranteed. It's happened all five times I tried this seed on my switch across multiple different farm layouts, but the fairy will not trigger if it's raining, and according to the wiki it checks 100 tiles at random and if it finds a crop it will trigger.
Are the codes 1 and 25 respectively?

FarmerJane

Farmhand
I see, thank you! Personally, I've never tried anything with game seeds on the Switch, so I have no idea how it works.
I'm not sure why, but game seeds play out with different RNG on PC and Switch. For some reason the items determined by the seed (traveling cart, fairy, day 1 artifact spots etc) are only constant within the platform - A good seed for Switch is always good on Switch, but it won't play out the same way on PC and vice versa.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Small question. I'm a new player. What's a seed.:hmm:
A seed is a number that the game uses to make certain decisions about "random" events, such as what the Traveling Cart is going to sell, when random events are going to happen, and what your Geodes are going to contain.

The seed is either generated randomly (this happens by default), or you can set it in the Advanced Settings when you create your farm. In this case, you would set it to either "1" or "25". Random seeds will typically be a lot more complex, such as –36527890001.

I don't know the specifics of SDV's seed generation, but @BlaDe knows loads, so if you have any other more advanced questions about behind-the-scenes game mechanics, if they're willing to help, just ask them!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Hill Myna

Farmer
Ah okay, I was confused, I instantly thought something like minecraft seeds hehe.
No, it's very similar to Minecraft seeds. In Minecraft, seeds determine the layout of the terrain, where structures generate and what loot they will have.

SDV seeds effect similar things but obviously not the exact same things, because SDV doesn't have terrain or structures.