LOCK THE DANG RUGS

Would a "lock rug" option help you?

• Total voters

cinemack

Farmhand
I am going to scream if I pull another rug out from under a loaded chest or carefully situated dining table set-up. This is ridiculous. I know a lot of people have suggested this already but I'm hoping that more voices will increase visibility and stress our desire to have this implemented. PLEASE I'M BEGGING.

MayorLouise

Greenhorn
Lol, I didn't even know this was a thing. I'll have to log in now and mess around with my rug to see what happens :)

I can certainly get behind this, I've definitely thought a time or twenty: "no, I'm not interested in redecorating right now, I'm trying to do X!" 😳

To me this is even better perhaps, though I still manage to do it with stuff adjacent to the rugs:

Instead of an additional lock it might be easier to automatically lock a carpet when something is placed on it, such as a chair or table.
Ps. Post title made me giggle, though I'd probably just capitalize the "DANG" part for effect.... 😆 or the LOCK and the DANG, heheheheheh. ❤

Leavo

Planter
I am going to scream if I pull another rug out from under a loaded chest or carefully situated dining table set-up. This is ridiculous. I know a lot of people have suggested this already but I'm hoping that more voices will increase visibility and stress our desire to have this implemented. PLEASE I'M BEGGING.
Yessssssss! Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

Kurachi84

Planter
Doesn’t seem like too much to ask. I guess I’m going to avoid all rugs for the time being.
Same reason why i never bothered... sometimes i tried, but in no time i click on it, and that while i was being busy, so no :P
A lock of some kind would be great, maybe a check on the options screen, which you can choose, then you need to use a tool to take it into your bags.
It being locked when something's on it would be a normal thing, imo, so that wouldn't need to be an option, right?
It's not like one would wanna do something with rugs underneath a chest or so, and if it'd be obtainable by using a tool, like with empty chests, it'd be easy to use.

yes.
can only play on mobile (school pc so cant download anything, dont have it on switch X]) and my cod this is the bane of my farmers' existance

sadly, i love carpets/rugs. they're just freaking adorable (especially the one with all the colored squares on it). but i can't use them because when i slide my fingers over them to move. the game thinks i want to TAKE THE FREAKINF RUG??? like no??? i just wanna go outside o don't want to drag this giant rug out from under Henry???

also Freizitfarmer's suggestion is
Stardew-Valley_Sebastian-Collectors-Plush_FRONT_1024x.jpg
perfect

jonny_panic

Tiller
I put in my suggestion post that "Design Mode" should be a toggle. If it's on, you can move rugs, furniture, etc... if it's off, they're all locked in-place so you can click floors, TVs, chests, fridges, and whatnot in peace without moving rugs, windows, paintings, etc.