Riverland Farm Legacy Farm, 100%, (mostly) unmodded.

Ser_Elryk

Farmhand
I know it's not the most creative or interesting design. But after hundreds of hours slowly creating and tweaking something, you can't help but feel a bit attached to it. I've seen the Riverland Farm get a lot of hate on the internet. But it was my first, and will probably always be my personal favorite =)

Legacy Farm.jpg

Legacy Farm (House).jpg

Attachments

Lew Zealand

Helper
Anyone who can take Riverland and make it liveable has done an amazing job and that's just what I see here. This looks Fantastic!

Sooo... just how boooooooorinnggggg was it to get to that Ginger Island farm layout with its actual space and places big enough to hold full coverage Iridium Sprinklers? Farm creation must have just... lost all its magic. :wink: But then you unleashed the fury of pent up years of unbridled Squariness upon the unsuspecting Parrots thus banishing them to the rather more convoluted Island locations.

As nature decrees.

Ser_Elryk

Farmhand
Aww thank you! *^_^*

I think I actually like being given limitations and then seeing what I can do within them. I think something like the Standard farm layout would just be a bit intimidating for me. I wouldn't even know where to begin lol.

Yeah I didn't get very creative with the Ginger Island farm haha. The Taro Roots and Pineapples mostly just stay there for show. It's basically just a big greenhouse that I stop by once a week to throw all of the Ancient Fruits into the shipping bin for extra money.

One painful thing about it was that at first I didn't realize that using fertilizers for Ancient Fruit is pointless because it only affects the first harvest. So I spent hours and hours farming Radioactive Ore to craft Hyper Speed-Gro for every one of those Ancient Fruit spots... for nothing :laugh:

FairyRing

Farmer
My first save was Riverland and I liked it a lot. I loved putting the barns and coops on the little Islands and watching the animals shuffle back across the little bridges. Sometimes one lonely critter would get stuck on a farther island--Tough luck buddy you're sleeping outside. (I know I know you can make them appear in their coop)

I like what you've done! I can feel the love 🙂

Ser_Elryk

Farmhand
Thanks, you guys! ^_^

I've always loved water, and love fishing in video games, so it seemed like the best fit for me when choosing my first farm. One nice edition with the 1.5 (?) update was seeing my duck Ed (but it's short for Edna) hop off of the island and swim around. I came out one morning and she was just standing in front of the shed looking at me lol. Had a moment of small panic thinking I left the gate open, before remembering that the ducks could swim now :laugh:

I know the Riverland farm isn't really ideal if your primary goal is just to make as much money as possible as fast as possible. But I was all about the chill, slow-paced kind of gameplay, and taking time to sample everything the game had to offer. I didn't want a huge farm that would eat up most of the day just by going through the morning routine. With this layout going counter-clockwise I usually have everything done by 9-10am, then the rest of the day is mine =D. Plus once you unlock the Greenhouse, Seed Machines, and Ancient Fruit Seeds you can still generate enough money to get 100% Completion. Especially when the 1.5 resources come into play.

I just started the SV Expanded mod and am using Grandpa's Farm. So now there's the whole "What do I put where?" aspect to it all over again :laugh:

Ser_Elryk

Farmhand
Beautiful! Attractive and practical. I’m thinking of doing Riverland next, and have been thinking of putting barn and coop in almost exactly the same place.
Thank you! =D

One tip for Riverland space management, just in case you weren't already aware, is that you may have noticed that I put a few posts down in their grazing area. When you put down a Grass Starter, and then put a post on top of it, the animals can't eat it, but grass will still continue to spread out from it. I had 12 animals total and the grass on that island lasted them from Spring through Fall. The grass on the west inlet was so that I could keep gathering Hay to save up for the Winter. But later I realized that if I just put the Haymaker enchantment on my weapon and then go down into the bug sewers daily I could fill up the silos pretty quickly. So I was thinking about changing it from a little grass field into something else.