Is using exploits cheating? make me feel better about it or worse

Sythsis

Cowpoke
As the game seems to hate me a ton, I cannot find the 3rd dwarven scroll to get that blasted dwarvish translator. I need it for the dwarf so i can buy bombs. But i cant find it. So i used the chest dup exploit and just multiply my bombs, but I do just go buy the gold worth somwhere else and dump it so I do "spend the gold" for it but Im just duping them. ): is this wrong of me? Make me feel better or worse about it.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Long answer: You already know the answer, you're just looking to us for confirmation for some reason, when the confirmation should be coming from yourself.

Btw, what year are you on that you haven't found dwarf 3 yet?

LRangerR

Local Legend
I had that once with Dwarf scroll 4 (also dwarf 2 on my most recent game). IMO just keep at it. Go on good luck days, boost your luck with whatever foods or items you prefer to use. Till soil on the right levels and fight the right monsters. You'll get it eventually.

Sythsis

Cowpoke
47 hours lol Still havent even come close whats even more ridiculous is I've found 3 prismatic shards before it and over 4 of the yellow scrolls

Akemisora

Planter
Go to floor 80+ and fight as many monster until you get it, eventually you will. Oh, I think luck stat also has effect, so go when lucky day and / or eat something to boost it.

Lew Zealand

Helper
For me it's simple: anything that breaks the balance of a game makes it less fun. I don't want Stardew Valley to be less fun so I don't use exploits.

I've tried them to see how they work on test Farms, not on actual playthroughs. Usually when I see these things I can never get them to work but on 1.4, the Chest duplication exploit worked perfectly for me so that was cool.

FWIW I've had loads of problems getting all the Dwarf Scrolls on most of my saves but not on my more recent one because I've gotten them exactly as Akemisora mentioned above. I've been grinding on Level 80+ a lot more this game (for Stone & Monsters) than previous ones and got all the Scrolls before the end of Year 1.

Zamiel

Sodbuster
As the game seems to hate me a ton, I cannot find the 3rd dwarven scroll to get that blasted dwarvish translator. I need it for the dwarf so i can buy bombs. But i cant find it. So i used the chest dup exploit and just multiply my bombs, but I do just go buy the gold worth somwhere else and dump it so I do "spend the gold" for it but Im just duping them. ): is this wrong of me? Make me feel better or worse about it.
Are you not doing Skull Caverns runs?
In a normal playthrough, you'll do, at a bare minimum, 30 or so Skull Caverns runs over the course of year 1 and year 2.
Going from floor 1 --> 100 30 times will get you many Dwarf Scroll III drops.

LRangerR

Local Legend
If you've played the vanilla game through a few years and wanted to do a second/third/etc playthrough with additions of any kind, I'm all for it.

That is, I feel people should experience ConcernedApe's game in its purest form first.
This is how i generally use cheats of any kind, if i use them at all.

I'll never understand the people who pick up a game and then automatically start entering cheats or looking up exploits. Some people are just too concerned with winning. >.>

BlaDe

Farmer
Frost Jellies have the highest chance of dropping Dwarf Scroll III. Focus your farming on those.

Sythsis

Cowpoke
Thanks all for your advice. My luck in skull cavern is almost as bad though I can only make it to around level 65 on average before time runs out ): also do animals trample the crops?

Amily

Greenhorn
No, The Point of Stardew Valley is to do whatever makes you feel comfortable and more interested in the process of playing, so if it will fire your interest - go on
Still, you can't drop more than 1 item, so this is light cheating
And you still have to work on your farm and garden and do quests and find some rare stuff, so you will go through the story anyways, and it's gotta be hard
I just received all scrolls at 1st year, so this is super unfair

Amily

Greenhorn
Thanks all for your advice. My luck in skull cavern is almost as bad though I can only make it to around level 65 on average before time runs out ): also do animals trample the crops?
No, they will never go to some of your crops, they will walk in the grass and enjoy spending time

Amily

Greenhorn
My advice is to upgrade their homes as much as you can, so you won't even need to feed them every day, because it is very tiring
And place animals somewhere where you can build a fence and put the grass inside