Is this normal? lol

27dschild

Planter
I have 2 garbage can hats, 1 meteorite, 1 mushroom tree, and 1 strange capsule in a single save file, and I am currently in year 2, spring the 2nd.
Also, happy in-forums birthday to me.
Also, found a glitch today... Closing a gate on yourself, and then right-clicking it again, will cause it to turn into a item and make the sound as if you hit it with a tool.

27dschild

Planter
Got into the void after considerable effort...
1628381422442.png

as you can see im not in de picture. I can't get it to show me for some reason
oh yeah and in the void when you turn backwards your arms dont show up

Odin

Staff member
I have 2 garbage can hats, 1 meteorite, 1 mushroom tree, and 1 strange capsule in a single save file, and I am currently in year 2, spring the 2nd.
I will say that the meteorite isn't too rare to get for having played a year in game, and 1.5 did make the strange capsule more common (although it's still rare). I've still never found a garbage can hat myself, although maybe I need to dig through garbage cans more :D

I think all of that combined by early year 2 is pretty unusual though!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
They are all independent chances and not too rare.

On average you seem to get about 1.9 garbage hats a year or one every ~60 days.

Meteorites have a good 1%~ chance of triggering and usually “land” if you have an ok amount of open space on your farm.

Strange capsule is now trivial and if it weren’t for the 1 per save file implemented in 1.5.2, you would get on average more than one a year.

The chance for a mushroom tree is a near guarantee on an average year one farm due to the tree coverage.

So while it’s rare altogether, each operate on their own so all these things aren’t too rare.