Is there any good loot in the quarry mines?

benjellyman

Planter
I've been in the quarry cave and I've received a golden scythe, but is there anything else worth going in there for more than once?

imnvs

Local Legend
Absolutely. It's the haunted skulls. They can drop things no other monsters in the game can drop. Examples include magic rock candy, aquamarine rings, ruby rings, and the dark sword. Yes, there are other sources for the first three, but no monsters drop these except haunted skulls.

...and you're guaranteed to find haunted skulls in the Quarry Mine.

imnvs

Local Legend
Well I guess I won't run away from those things now
I will caution you, haunted skull drops are all low percentage, so the chances of getting any individual thing are pretty low, but as soon as I can I do clear that mine and get me my scythe. After that, I do return somewhat regularly until I start getting prismatic shards somewhat regularly. (Once I have the galaxy sword, the haunted skull drops become a little less enticing to me, so doing the Quarry Mine for a guaranteed chance at them isn't as high a priority.)

Still, I never run from haunted skulls.

Last edited:

Boo1972

Farmer
I was lucky enough to get a ring and sword on one visit. In other farms I’ve managed to get both cool clothes and terrible clothes. But I definitely get rings most often.

Cptldsilver

Planter
After you open the quarry, haunted skulls can also spawn on infested floors in the mines. Since these floors can be repeated as many times as you like in a single day they can offer you better chance at haunted skull loot since the quarry mine will not respawn the haunted skulls until the next day.

benjellyman

Planter
After you open the quarry, haunted skulls can also spawn on infested floors in the mines. Since these floors can be repeated as many times as you like in a single day they can offer you better chance at haunted skull loot since the quarry mine will not respawn the haunted skulls until the next day.
I noticed that