Is an ending of stardew valleys development in sight?

unlxck

Greenhorn
I bought this game 2 days ago on Playstation and i got so addicted to this game so of course i'd love to see it getting more updates. Is it coming to an end or will it keep getting new content, what do you guys and girls think?

Lew Zealand

Helper
ConcernedApe is working on a new game, Haunted Chocolatier, for which there are preview videos and in them you can see the style and vibe are very much like Stardew Valley, just set in a different place with a different premise. So I'm anticipating a new story with the same feel of SDV that we all love.

More directly answering your question: there will probably not be any significant content updates to Stardew Valley. There were hints that a small content update could come out at some point but with another game under full time development, it's probably best that CA concentrates on that and maybe ironing out the few common bugs in SDV which crop up in the Bug section here.

Isa730

Rancher
I don't see any significant content updates happening in the future, partially because of Haunted Chocolatier and also because CA has gone out and said he's pretty bored of SDV! That being said, now could be a good time for mod makers. ;) I'm definitely not familiar with modding on Playstation, though, but I'm fairly certain it's possible!

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Yeah I imagine nothing major is coming out anymore. Personally, now I kinda want a copy of that Fangamer guidebook cause the 1.5 version is probably as complete as it'll ever be.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I don't see any significant content updates happening in the future, partially because of Haunted Chocolatier and also because CA has gone out and said he's pretty bored of SDV! That being said, now could be a good time for mod makers. ;) I'm definitely not familiar with modding on Playstation, though, but I'm fairly certain it's possible!
Modding on consoles is impossible the only platforms which support modding in any way are android and pc.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Awww man, that's a shame! I just figured since I've seen people mod ACNH that it might be possible! At least on Switch that is. Bummer!
Pretty sure people aren't modding ACNH. Animal Crossing has a built in feature where you can create designs and stick them all over, the ground, walls, clothing, etc. So people make a lot of custom pathways and whatnot, plus you can upload them online in the game and other players can use them. But yeah unless it's built into the game, I guess there just aren't mods in console games.

Last edited:

Isa730

Rancher
Pretty sure people aren't modding ACNH. Animal Crossing has a built in feature where you can create designs and stick them all over, the ground, walls, clothing, etc. So people make a lot of custom pathways and whatnot, plus you can upload them online in the game and other players can use them. But yeah unless it's built into the game, I guess there just aren't mods in console games.
I'm familiar with the Animal Crossing custom designs! I love them actually, though I was referring to things like Star Trees, where a lot of players hacked their Switch to allow the mod. The same thing is often done to create custom villagers/skins. I used to follow ACNH a lot more closely but people in that community are crazy creative with those kinds of things! It's a shame that Nintendo hates fun.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
I'm familiar with the Animal Crossing custom designs! I love them actually, though I was referring to things like Star Trees, where a lot of players hacked their Switch to allow the mod. The same thing is often done to create custom villagers/skins. I used to follow ACNH a lot more closely but people in that community are crazy creative with those kinds of things! It's a shame that Nintendo hates fun.
Ohh that's what you meant. Well that's more hacking than modding. I mean maybe you could consider it the same thing, but you'd have to hack your system or get the stuff from someone who did & yeah, Nintendo doesn't support it whatsoever. They took down any uploaded dream islands that had the hacked trees.

Anyways, don't wanna ramble about it too much cause this isn't the off topic area. But yeah, consoles have more restrictions and the platform holders obviously don't support their systems being hacked.