Iridium Legendary Fish

Akemisora

Planter
I'm curious, is it humanly possible to catch them perfectly? Especially Legend and Glacierfish, with their monstrous maneuver.

Another strategy to get iridium quality is by using quality bobber. But, using it means that your only boost is the food. No cork bobber to help. (Using trap bobber means that you give up on getting perfect catch)

Reactions: Tom
Yes it's definitely possible.

Also I can verify, the Quality Bobber does the job just fine, as that's how I got all of mine in Iridium Quality. It was easier and more fun (for me) than going for perfect catches, and only took 1 in game day instead of 120 (with multiple attempts at the day if I didn't get it in Iridium, most retries was actually Angler because it's easy to catch but not easy to get baseline gold quality if you haven't looked up the mechanics adequately beforehand).

Also if you're trying to catch them perfectly, your only boost shouldn't be the food, just saying. There is another source of a fishing buff which should definitely be used. And yeah, if you want Iridium quality, needs to be done with the cork bobber and a perfect catch, or the quality bobber without one.

imnvs

Local Legend
Using the Trap Bobber is admitting you'll never get a perfect catch because it only does any good when you're not reeling in the fish. That's why I don't like the Trap Bobber in general.

Then we have the Cork Bobber, as you mentioned, which makes it easier to get a perfect catch... but good lord, the way those guys move, I wish you the best of luck getting an iridium quality legendary fish this way. Maybe for the easier 2 of the 5, sure... but the the top 3? No way. I mean, I'm sure some folks can pull this off... but I also assume they have to try multiple times in order to accomplish it.

Quality Bobber is the only way I'll try to get an iridium quality legendary fish.

Using the Trap Bobber is admitting you'll never get a perfect catch because it only does any good when you're not reeling in the fish. That's why I don't like the Trap Bobber in general.

Then we have the Cork Bobber, as you mentioned, which makes it easier to get a perfect catch... but good lord, the way those guys move, I wish you the best of luck getting an iridium quality legendary fish this way. Maybe for the easier 2 of the 5, sure... but the the top 3? No way. I mean, I'm sure some folks can pull this off... but I also assume they have to try multiple times in order to accomplish it.

Quality Bobber is the only way I'll try to get an iridium quality legendary fish.
That bolded word is definitely involved. I think even the author of the Reddit post would freely admit as such as he talked about quitting out if he got a "bad movement pattern". I think ultimately any difficulty 90+ fish (octopus, lava eel, scorpion carp, Legend, Glacierfish, or Crimsonfish) you need them to cooperate for the entire catch and never go into the "I'm going to arbitrarily flip between the top and bottom over and over for a bit" mode they sometimes do. After all, the bar can only move so fast.

Reactions: Tom

Elenna101

Farmer
TheHaboo (over on Twitch) also perfect caught every fish back on 1.4. I don't think the video is available anymore but if I recall correctly, the glacierfish took 150+ tries. And yeah, at that point it's pretty much just luck and patience.