Art I'm making a Farming RPG! Gonna be challenging, but fun so far!

Neat Games

Farmhand
Heatseed March GIF01 320px.gif
Heatseed March GIF03 320px.gif

I'm starting to make a Farming RPG + Dungeon Crawler named HEATSEED! What do you guys think about the concept of a magical world where there are Heatseeds that power steam engines :D (Think Stardew+Magic+Steampower). I post Development Vlogs on my YouTube channel Neat Games.
Also, I hope to have magical spirits around (Like in Mononoke or Legend of Korra etc.) with some exciting combat and boss fights! Any suggestions or ideas welcome!

Heatseed March GIF06 320px.gif
Heatseed March GIF07 320px.gif

• Features so far:
    • Character creator, you can choose Hair styles and colors, Clothes and colors, and hats!
    • 3 NPCs that patrol around. 2 that are stationary atm.
    • Grow crops that are special to this world. Carrtato, Corice, Grawberry, and Raspkin (example below) so far.
    • The farm animals in this world are special too! Chicken+Rabbit=Chibbit :D
      • Raspkin Crop.png
        Raspkin YT Post.png
        Heatseed Devlog6 GIF2.gif
    • The start of a town (2 buidlings: A shop and a clinic where you can heal to full health)
    • Randomly generated Dungeon Caves (2 Levels normal and icy)
      • 3 different enemies in the caves
      • Twin-stick style combat and a Leaf shield pet to block projectiles with.
    • Day and night cycle with a game clock.
    • And more :D
Heatseed March GIF05 320px.gif
Heatseed March GIF02 320px.gif

Last edited:

MaidenOfGore

Farmhand
View attachment 2987
I'm starting to make a Farming RPG named HEATSEED! What do you guys think about the concept of a magical world where there are Heatseeds that power steam engines :D (Think Stardew+Magic+Steampower). I will be post DevLogs on my YouTube channel Neat Games.
Also, I hope to have magical spirits around. (Like in Mononoke or Legend of Korra etc.) Any suggestions or ideas welcome!

• Features so far:
    • Character creator, you can choose Hair styles and colors, Clothes and colors, and hats!
    • 3 NPCs that patrol around. 2 that are stationary atm.
    • Grow crops that are special to this world. Carrtato, Corice, Grawberry, and Raspkin so far.
    • The start of a town (2 buidlings: A shop and a clinic where you can heal to full health)
    • Randomly generated Dungeon Caves (2 Levels normal and icy)
      • 3 different enemies in the caves
      • Twin-stick style combat and a Leaf shield pet to block projectiles with.
    • Day and night cycle with a game clock.
    • And more :D
View attachment 4406
Omg this is cool :D I subbed to your YT!

Witch Sammy

Farmhand
I saw that magical spirits can become weapons. It would be interesting for others to do the same, such as staffs, wands, swords. It would also be nice to have some seeds dropped from monsters, which when grown would produce a magical fruit that when consumed would give you some extra skill or power. I would love magical combat, with spells and explosions and boom boom!

Fat Link

Cowpoke
If you would seriously consider ripping off much if not all of the combat from Zelda: A Link To The Past for your game including being able to literally run enemies through with a sword ala Link’s Pegasus boots attack this will go from just a neat concept to me to a “shut up and take my money!” situation, heh, heh.🤓😆

PorkChop

Planter
I am also making a game! Not a farming sim, but a more futuristic mystery game. A friend and I are working on it. I am doing the art and editing some bugs, while he does the rest of the coding and the soundtrack.