iCloud save support on iOS

Odin

Staff member
Adding cloud saves on iOS would a great improvement for the game on that platform and add two significant features:
  1. Saves would no longer be lost when the game is uninstalled. Currently if you uninstall Stardew on iOS without backing up your saves, you lose them.
  2. Saves would be synced across all iOS devices signed in to that iCloud account. Much like Steam cloud sync allows for people with multiple computers to play their saves anywhere and keeps everything synced, adding cloud saves on iOS would do the same for people with both an iPhone and iPad.
I'm sure this isn't the easiest of features to implement, but I think it's an important one. Let me know if you would find this feature useful!

Pixie

Newcomer
Pls pls we need this, I have 80 plus hours play on my iphone and I got a new iPad and want to continue play on there (on a nice big screen) I attempted to copy save files across etc but it didn’t work, and I’ve done something to my original file on phone now 😱😵

Pangur

Greenhorn
I’d wait in line for this feature! Like tanuva I created this account a second ago just to join the plea 😂 Would be soo much less hassle with a cloud service...I thought I read something (on reddit?) about it coming up but that post was from years ago. Seemed like they were on it 😭

Bumping this. I recently lost my save file on iOS and have been searching for a solution. iCloud saves would be amazing. Now I’m just periodically copying my local folder to iCloud, but I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to recover the save if it’s lost again by copying in the other direction.

elynsane

Greenhorn
Have there been any updates for this? I wanted to transfer my save frim my iPhone to my iPad but it doesn’t really work…would be so great!

Odin

Staff member
Have there been any updates for this? I wanted to transfer my save frim my iPhone to my iPad but it doesn’t really work…would be so great!
Cloud saves are not currently available for mobile. However, you can still manually move your save from one device to another if you're just looking to move it once (or infrequently).
https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves has more info on it, but do mention if you have any questions about the process!

Glowstone

Greenhorn
Just wanted to add my request for this. We have gotten some friends and family recently into the game and they are trying to figure out between iPad and iPhone… But iCloud save syncing would be a great feature to include in the 1.5 mobile update if possible.

dtfireup

Greenhorn
Is there any way to do this for a saved file on PC? I tried moving it over but it appears that the PC version has been updated and the file is no longer compatible with the IOS version. 🥲

Odin

Staff member
Is there any way to do this for a saved file on PC? I tried moving it over but it appears that the PC version has been updated and the file is no longer compatible with the IOS version. 🥲
Because the PC version is currently on 1.5, while mobile is on 1.4, you can't play PC saves on mobile. Once mobile gets the 1.5 update, this will be possible again!

dtfireup

Greenhorn
Because the PC version is currently on 1.5, while mobile is on 1.4, you can't play PC saves on mobile. Once mobile gets the 1.5 update, this will be possible again!
Do you know when the app will be updated? Are the devs actively supporting the mobile version? Sorry I just downloaded the mobile game a couple of days ago, so I don’t know how long it usually takes for them to roll out with and update.

Odin

Staff member
Do you know when the app will be updated? Are the devs actively supporting the mobile version? Sorry I just downloaded the mobile game a couple of days ago, so I don’t know how long it usually takes for them to roll out with and update.
There is no announced release date for the update, but it is in the works. ConcernedApe relies on a separate team to handle the mobile ports for iOS and Android and unfortunately for 1.5 he had to switch to someone new which has delayed things.