I Wish I Was Warned....

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
...that my username was going to be too long and a picky grammar obsessed person's nightmare. Although, maybe that has nothing to do with grammar, maybe I'm just a picky nut over formatting, but ugh, it's hideous, only the r has ended up cut off to the second line. I HATE IT:grumpy:

Anyways, hi, casual Stardew Valley enjoyer here. I'm pretty slow at the game and not a very efficient and pro farming sim player but I enjoy them. Imo, Stardew Valley perfected the formula and is just a really quality game with a lot of charm. As my very horribly formatted username implies, I love RPGs, mainly JRPGs, but I play some other stuff as well.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
@Lew Unfortunately this is my go-to username, I mean I guess I could just be Siameezy, but eh idk. This is what I use now days, I don't like to have a bunch of random different usernames anymore and I wouldn't know what to use instead really.

@Colleen Hi:smile:

Lew Zealand

Helper
@Lew Unfortunately this is my go-to username, I mean I guess I could just be Siameezy, but eh idk. This is what I use now days, I don't like to have a bunch of random different usernames anymore and I wouldn't know what to use instead really.

@Colleen Hi:smile:
I think if you changed it to Siameezy RPGer (added space) it would flow to 2 lines nicely but that may still annoy you too much:

Siameezy
RPGer

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
@Lew Yeah maybe that would work but idk if I'm gonna bother to request the change. So a space would force the second word on the second line for sure? I mean it shows normally in places on this site that have it out in one line and not squished with my avatar, so it's whatever.

@FairyRing Thanks, will do :smile:

Lew Zealand

Helper
@Lew Yeah maybe that would work but idk if I'm gonna bother to request the change. So a space would force the second word on the second line for sure? I mean it shows normally in places on this site that have it out in one line and not squished with my avatar, so it's whatever.
Yes, the space will force the entire RPGer part to the second line, have a look at Magically Clueless' name in the name change thread. Your name would emulate hers in wrapping only the second bit to the next line. Daikon Ocelot and Nguyễn Thế Tùng Lâm in that thread also have names that work this way. If Colleen&Potato put a space before or after the &, then her name would also cleanly wrap around that space and put the 2 words on separate lines.

It's not perfect. But you may find it perfect-er --ish --oid

Reasonable!

As you can see, I'm also mildly picky when it comes to formatting. OK, super-highly picky...

Welcome, Siameezy! (I hope it's fine calling you that.)
Anyways, hi, casual Stardew Valley enjoyer here. I'm pretty slow at the game and not a very efficient and pro farming sim player but I enjoy them. Imo, Stardew Valley perfected the formula and is just a really quality game with a lot of charm. As my very horribly formatted username implies, I love RPGs, mainly JRPGs, but I play some other stuff as well.
Anyway, you can always quote on people you're trying to reply (just like what I did on you just now). I mean, it's fine mentioning people you want to reply (well, at least I am fine with it), but yeah, there's other way more convenient to do it.

One more thing, good to see another fellow RPG fan.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Welcome, Siameezy! (I hope it's fine calling you that.)

Anyway, you can always quote on people you're trying to reply (just like what I did on you just now). I mean, it's fine mentioning people you want to reply (well, at least I am fine with it), but yeah, there's other way more convenient to do it.

One more thing, good to see another fellow RPG fan.
I know how forums work, I'm new to this one, not the overall concept. But when I'm responding to multiple people I'm not gonna quote respond to only one person and @ the other. And my posts just look cleaner without quoting other peoples' long posts. Besides, I see this site also has a tag feature similar to twitter, so the @ works just fine.

Thank you for the welcome though and yeah Siameezy is fine :smile:

As you can see, I'm also mildly picky when it comes to formatting. OK, super-highly picky...
Me too! My username will at least contains the word "Daikon" and/or "Ocelot." It depends on what format the site allows (like its rule regarding to space, letter capitalization, max letter, etc).
I know how forums work, I'm new to this one, not the overall concept. But when I'm responding to multiple people I'm not gonna quote respond to only one person and @ the other. And my posts just look cleaner without quoting other peoples' long posts. Besides, I see this site also has a tag feature similar to twitter, so the @ works just fine.
Oh, you can always quote specific lines and make multiple quotes here. Again, like just what I did on you and Lew above.

Odin

Staff member
Welcome to the forums! You're certainly welcome to keep your current username, but it's always ok to request a change, even for something small like an added space. I definitely understand wanting it to look just right.