I need help with qi thing (spoilers for late game... maybe)

Bbirdo

Cowpoke
I need help with 'danger in the deep' so I was thinking if I position a 2nd split screen player at the bottom and activate it would they stay but nothing changes or would nothing change or would they get kicked out. If that doesn't work what if they were in the elevator selection screen. I was wondering if it would work. Im on switch BTW

Last edited:

Hill Myna

Farmer
The way you've worded it is a little unclear, but I'm guessing that you're wondering whether a second player will retain the normal Mines? If so, no.

As for tips to help with Danger in the Deep:
  • Bring a lot of Staircases. The monsters there have a huge variety of combat styles, having at least 60 will let you skip the Floor types that hold the monsters you don't enjoy fighting. I recommend skipping Floors 10-29 (because of flying Squids), and any Floors that lag you Switch. The number of monsters certainly dropped the FPS for me (also on Switch).
  • Bring a Club and learn how to use it. It'll be the best tactic against the Duggies, Ghosts, but most importantly all the monsters on Floors 41-59. This thread might help.
  • Bring lots of food. The monsters hit quite hard, so bring a lot of high-healing food and put in a spot close to your Club.
  • Bring time. Starting as early as possible will be helpful. You only have 7 days (or less depending on when you picked up the quest), so make sure you make at least 15 Floors a day (highly doable).
  • Bring Ginger! The only clue the game gives to you is one of Birdie's text options, so I'll tell you now. The green Putrid Ghosts that you'll find will inflict you with the "Nauseous" Debuff, which means you can't eat anything except Ginger and Ginger Ale. Once you've eaten Ginger, you can return to normal. Make sure you bring at least 20.
Hope this helps!

No the question is, can it be cheesed by having someone already at floor 120 before starting the quest. I've never tried, so I'd definitely recommend giving it a whirl and seeing what happens. It may work, it may not, they may be kicked out of the mines, the game may crash, who knows. But it's data worth gathering anyway imho.

Personally my hypothesis is that it wouldn't work because the correct "version" of floor 120 (and the quest completion trigger) won't be that which they are in. As such the quest will be picked up and nothing else will happen until they leave the mines, at which point you're stuck. The plan which imho has a greater chance of success is for them to be on floor 119, have found an exit but not gone down it, and Then start the quest. Then, they go down the ladder to floor 120, and maybe the quest is complete?

Anyway let us know how it goes, the only way to know with certainty is experimentation!

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, I read this the same as @Giant Octopodes where he's trying to figure an end around to avoid doing it my way (110 staircases)...

...and I similarly do not know the answer, though I am genuinely curious. I'm not in a good position to check, as @Cuusardo and I have no MP saves where we've reached Ginger Island. I say try it let us know, though I also suggest you try what Giant Octopodes suggested with the 2nd person being on floor 119.

Bbirdo

Cowpoke
I was trying to say that thanks. Also what if they were on the screen that you could select the floor would they be able to. I have to get the quest first

curl

Sodbuster
What got me through it was a lot of spicy eel and miner’s treats. Save up on your stones so you can get stair cases but ONLY use them if you are spending too much time on a larger floor. Don’t waste any time cracking open every single thing. Make sure you have a good weapon you’re comfortable with. Having a galaxy sword or dragonbone club should do the trick- it worked for me! Good luck to you :)

What got me through it was a lot of spicy eel and miner’s treats. Save up on your stones so you can get stair cases but ONLY use them if you are spending too much time on a larger floor. Don’t waste any time cracking open every single thing. Make sure you have a good weapon you’re comfortable with. Having a galaxy sword or dragonbone club should do the trick- it worked for me! Good luck to you :)
The best way to get staircases is actually to trade jade to the desert trader on Sunday. Just make the majority of your crystalariums jade and voila, you will have stacks of staircases in no time.