Solved I can't put sprinkler on the beach map

Sennokao

Greenhorn
It didn't take much that I started playing And I thought the 1.5 map was beautiful But when trying to put a sprinkler in the plowed sand It tells me that it is not compatible terrain is this normal or is it a Bug?

imnvs

Local Legend
This is absolutely normal behavior. You must have missed it, but at character creation, if you point at the beach farm the info box mentions that sprinklers don't work on the sandy soil on the beach farm.

MamaV

Greenhorn
Can you just use a floor tile and put the sprinkler on that? I do that anyway so I don't dig them up as dig hoe spots.

Odin

Staff member
Can you just use a floor tile and put the sprinkler on that? I do that anyway so I don't dig them up as dig hoe spots.
No, this is a feature of the Beach Farm. There's a small area where sprinklers work, but otherwise they are not available. It's a challenge!

Lew Zealand

Helper
FYI you no longer need to do this to avoid hoeing up your sprinklers. Or at least I have not hoed up my sprinklers since the 1.5 update and have used no path tiles to protect them. Save your stone and wood for the actual paths as they give a small speed boost which helps get you back in bed faster.

At 8:20am instead of 8:40am.

BlaDe

Farmer
FYI you no longer need to do this to avoid hoeing up your sprinklers. Or at least I have not hoed up my sprinklers since the 1.5 update and have used no path tiles to protect them. Save your stone and wood for the actual paths as they give a small speed boost which helps get you back in bed faster.

At 8:20am instead of 8:40am.
Yes, this was explicitly changed on 1.5

shadd

Newcomer
ive been playing on a new game for a week, and i just saw that. it sucks, i had planned a layout. i dont wanna play anymore. :(
i just wanted the new farm, i hadnt seen it was supposed to be a "challenge". damn im bummed

imnvs

Local Legend
ive been playing on a new game for a week, and i just saw that. it sucks, i had planned a layout. i dont wanna play anymore. :(
i just wanted the new farm, i hadnt seen it was supposed to be a "challenge". damn im bummed
Well, honestly, there's still plenty of space for planting. On my beach farm I'm making over 1M/week just in wine, mostly ancient fruit.