I broke my save file being an idiot! Help!!

CharBot

Newcomer
Hi gang!! Okay... so I think I've totally broken one of my saves, so I'm posting here as a last resort since I'm also extremely technologically challenged. I have a save file that used to have stardew expanded on it. I was married to Lance. My friend and I decided to delete that mod and download the ridgeside valley mod instead, however Lance's bedroom still appeared in my house. Later on I tried to marry Jio and he said no because I was already married. I tried divorcing and it didn't stick so I'd spend the money and then wake up still married the next day. I tried it a few times and also went to the witch's house to try and erase my romantic history. No dice. I found a post saying I could delete marriage history within my save file. Big mistake. I went in and figured I could just delete any text that had to do with Lance since I deleted that mod and didn't need it. I didn't do any research so I didn't know what I was doing and deleted everything about him from SaveGameInfo, SaveGameInfo_old, as well as [farmname]_[numbercode] and [farmname]_[numbercode]_old. In doing so the save completely disappeared from my main menu because it seems I've broken the code somewhere. Heavy sigh. I replaced the game info doc with one that's working in order to get it back on the main menu but now any time I click on it to open the save it glitches and returns me to the main menu. I think my goose is cooked, but I wanted to check if any code people knew what was going on or had any fixes? I can't revert the docs back. I do have smapi and it gives me a blurb about what is wrong, but I dont understand what it's saying. I'll add that below. Any help would be suuuuper appreciated, but I understand it's probably broken. Super frustrating though because all the rest of the code and the save are right there!! Anyways, thanks for your help~ *Also I'm on a mac, if that's relevant.

[game] deserializeTask failed with an exception.

System.Xml.XmlException: The 'string' start tag on line 1 position 285894 does not match the end tag of 'strimarriageng'. Line 1, position 285905.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)

at SpaceCore.Patches.SaveGamePatcher.DeserializeProxy(XmlSerializer serializer, Stream stream, String farmerPath, Boolean fromSaveGame) in C:\Users\space\Programming\StardewValley\StardewValleyMods\SpaceCore\Patches\SaveGamePatcher.cs:line 326

at StardewValley.SaveGame+c__DisplayClass96_0.<getLoadEnumerator>b__1_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(<>c__DisplayClass96_0 this)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

--- End of stack trace from previous location ---

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)

[SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: System.Xml.XmlException: The 'string' start tag on line 1 position 285894 does not match the end tag of 'strimarriageng'. Line 1, position 285905.

at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getLoadEnumerator>d__96.MoveNext_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(<getLoadEnumerator>d__96 this)

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)

DreamWolf

Cowpoke
It’s always best to send your full SMAPI log, but considering you’ve made changes to the save file, it’s possible you may have corrupted it. I can take a look at your save if you send me your entire farm as a .zip file, but I can’t make any promises—all I can do is try.