I am colorblind; I cant really see the red crops that well.

Odin

Staff member
That would be a good option to have! Are there specific crops that this is an issue with? I know many people have a tough time with coffee and it looks like you're showing tomatos as the example here.

I know this isn't a complete fix, but since you're playing on PC, you could use the mods like this one that makes coffee stand out a bit more: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4805. There may be others that do a similar thing for other red/green crops.
You can learn about modding here: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Installing_SMAPI_on_Windows

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm all for a built-in option for a colorblind filter, especially one that allows you to select which sort of colorblind you are. I mean, I know red/green is the most common, and I assume from what you said that this is the type you have, but I imagine others have difficulty with other crops too.

I'm curious, though, about what @TheFireNight suggested. Is there an accessibility option for your system that can fix this? Not to suggest having the option built-in shouldn't happen. I'm just wondering because that might simplify things, you know?

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
I'm all for a built-in option for a colorblind filter, especially one that allows you to select which sort of colorblind you are. I mean, I know red/green is the most common, and I assume from what you said that this is the type you have, but I imagine others have difficulty with other crops too.
As he said, there's many different types of colorblindness (like 3 or 4 or something idk).

I'm curious, though, about what @TheFireNight suggested. Is there an accessibility option for your system that can fix this? Not to suggest having the option built-in shouldn't happen. I'm just wondering because that might simplify things, you know?
According to his screenshot, pretty sure he is using Windows 10 :)

If this solution works, it would not only help him in game, but also everywhere in Windows :D