How to get rid of bush in the middle of my farm

Chefev

Tiller
I cant seem to get rid of this bush with my iron axe. There are other bushed aorund as well that I want to go away. Do I need mods? and if so how do I do that.
Screenshot (15).png

imnvs

Local Legend
You should not need mods... and I know for a fact I cut them all down on the wife's and my Forest farm (and believe me, there were a lot). I don't remember what axe I used at the time, but I do not have an iridium yet. Perhaps you just need to upgrade to gold? Otherwise, it may be a bug.

takisama

Tiller
You should not need mods... and I know for a fact I cut them all down on the wife's and my Forest farm (and believe me, there were a lot). I don't remember what axe I used at the time, but I do not have an iridium yet. Perhaps you just need to upgrade to gold? Otherwise, it may be a bug.
It's defenitely a bug. There is no way to cut down bush. I do need mod to get rid of them

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, let's back up a moment... where that bush is, it isn't at the edge of the farm but blocking you from placing something in the middle, and any of those should be able to be chopped down. There are some that can not, like the ones in the NE corner of the farm on every map, but those are all at the edges.

Are you unsure as to which map you selected?

Chefev

Tiller
Okay so originally I chose a river farm. But as I progressed into year two and started decorating I didn't like it. So I went into the save file and changed it back to a normal farm. Could that be the reason? Or do I need a golden axe?

imnvs

Local Legend
I suspect it might have. Editing save files like that can lead to some bizarre things. The farm map you choose at the beginning determines where things are placed, trees and such, and the Riverland farm map may include a bush there while it wouldn't be there on other farms. The map may also determine which of those things are removable at all, because like I said, on the Forest map I was able to chop down the ones littering the center of my map, but couldn't get all the ones at the edges, like in the NE corner and the ones by the farm cave, whereas in my 4-Corners farm I can not chop any of them down even with an iridium axe, but those are all at edges, basically part of the background/border of the farm.

And to be clear, I do not know what upgrade to your axe allows you to chop those bushes, or rather the ones you can chop of those bushes. I just know that I did on the Forest map, and that you have to upgrade before you can.

tl;dr: I don't know. I'm basically spit-balling here, brainstorming. I'm hoping someone else with more and better answers comes along to help you soon.

Ereo

Helper
I'm pretty sure if you can cut it, the ax doesn't matter. With a lower grade ax you just have to hit it more often, like with the trees.

I agree it might be because you changed the map.

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm pretty sure if you can cut it, the ax doesn't matter. With a lower grade ax you just have to hit it more often, like with the trees.
No, I just tried it. I started a new Forest map where I knew there would be these bushes and that I knew I chopped on my MP save with the wife... and an unupgraded axe can not take these down.

Ereo

Helper
No, I just tried it. I started a new Forest map where I knew there would be these bushes and that I knew I chopped on my MP save with the wife... and an unupgraded axe can not take these down.
Thank you for testing! That's very counterintuitive to me. How far do you have to upgrade to chop bushes?

Chefev

Tiller
Thank you for testing! That's very counterintuitive to me. How far do you have to upgrade to chop bushes?
You said you used modes to do it what mods do you use? Since my farm may be glitched as I changed the save file I could try with mods?

Chefev

Tiller
Oh I think that I'm going to use Stardew Save Editor. I don't like the idea of using mods to cheat in the game but I want to get rid of these bushes so I can actually build my full farm plan.

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't remember when I was able to do it in the save that the wife and I have played a while. It wasn't recent... so maybe it was at copper? Maybe steel? I wish I remembered, and to test that part of the equation I would have to play a new Forest map for a while.
Oh I think that I'm going to use Stardew Save Editor. I don't like the idea of using mods to cheat in the game but I want to get rid of these bushes so I can actually build my full farm plan.
This is what I would do, at this point, yes. If you swing an axe at it and there is literally no reaction, no sound or nothing, then it is a glitched bush so far as I know.

takisama

Tiller
Could it be that I have a regular farm and not a forest one? Also @takisama what mods do you use for it??
My farm is standard farm. I didn't remember the name of the mod but it's not worth trying this mod 'cuz after I removed the bush, it still appeared out of nowhere exactly where it was removed aftar several days. I think information of bush is not inside save file.

Boo1972

Farmer
I have cut down bushes in all 3 of my farms- different layouts. The gold axe definitely works. The bush explodes into light bluish leaves

ISSsloth

Farmer
Just yesterday I found out that a copper axe works too. I had done it accidentally before, not knowing what it was, but this thread got me curious and I did it on purpose.