How to get prismatic shard

whiterose

Newcomer
can someone pls help me how to get prismatic shard I play in stardew valley 1.4 I already unlocked the dessert I really want a galactic sword :cry:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There are a few, by your post I assume you are on mobile which is currently on version 1.4.5 with some bug fixes.
The best way to obtain a prismatic shard is honeslty as basic as it gets, try to get deep in skull cavern, getting deep actually accomplished three main goals associated with your end result.
One, you will get to a larger amount of treasure floors the deeper you go, each of them has about a 4% chance for a prismatic shard, so on average about 25-26 treasure rooms.
Two, you will be able to find more iridium nodes and sometimes also mystic nodes, though I wouldn't rely on those only as they are pretty rare. Each of them has a shard drop chance of 4% and 25% respectively.
Three, each monster has a 1/2000 chance to drop a shard upon death with some skull caverns monsters having a second chance as well, just killing them is a great way to get shards and you can do it hile going deeper and deeper in the caverns.

A final way that relies on the skull cavern or SoEF is to collect a lot of omni geodes and crack them at clint's ever so often. Geode farming is much harder in 1.4.5 not to mention with mobile controls but the gist is that you should bring a pretty good weapon and a burglar ring and kill ghosts as they come across.

Another way is to use the quarry, if you don't really want it too fast you can just leave the quarry emtpy indefinitely and wait for iridium and mystic nodes, I would reccomend clearing it out every 1-2 months and if you want to still use the quarry I would just plant some trees and use it for sap or wood to minimize losses in regards to the nodes.
Well, good luck, those are the easiest ways to get prismatic shards in 1.4.5, even if most rely on SC, I would reccomend looking at a few other of my posts or others posts that outline the best gear and strategies to reliably get down to lower levels in SC.

Last edited:

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Also, you have a slim chance of getting them from omni geodes. So keep collecting those while exploring the mines wherever and then on a showered with good fortune day, have Clint open them all.

Ereo

Helper
Also, you have a slim chance of getting them from omni geodes. So keep collecting those while exploring the mines wherever and then on a showered with good fortune day, have Clint open them all.
Geode content is predetermined and not dependant on luck. Use the lucky days to go mining, because you will get more geodes on a lucky day. Then go open them and other day.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Geode content is predetermined and not dependant on luck. Use the lucky days to go mining, because you will get more geodes on a lucky day. Then go open them and other day.
Oh really? Well that's good to know, I actually didn't know that and I guess just assumed it was determined on the day you opened them. Sorry for giving incorrect info then, but good to know now. Well either way, I still suggest collecting a bunch and then having Clint open them all, hoping for the prismatic shard.

Comm

Tiller
I got 2 prismatic shards within maybe 1 week just by going to the mines floors 100-120 (I was getting savage ring) and I got 2 from shadow shamans/shadow brutes from the 0.05% chance of getting one by getting to the last floor in the mines. Another good way is by getting burglar ring by killing 500 dust sprites going to adventurers guild, and talking to Gil. Burglar ring rolls the chances of drops twice.(not sure if burglar ring is 1.5 or not)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I got 2 prismatic shards within maybe 1 week just by going to the mines floors 100-120 (I was getting savage ring) and I got 2 from shadow shamans/shadow brutes from the 0.05% chance of getting one by getting to the last floor in the mines. Another good way is by getting burglar ring by killing 500 dust sprites going to adventurers guild, and talking to Gil. Burglar ring rolls the chances of drops twice.(not sure if burglar ring is 1.5 or not)
Burglar doesn't reroll the basic 0.05% chance for a prismatic shard.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, the reason I only said that they should be opened, not on lucky days with buffs or whatnot.

Comm

Tiller
You can also buy omni geodes from Krobus on Tuesday and Sandy on Wednesday.
One way to get a prismatic shard that no one has mentioned, is to raise rainbow trout in a fish pond.
I might test how many prismatic shards per year filling a farm with Rainbow Trout fish ponds will give. The daily chance is 0.09% I believe. It's gonna be a pain though.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I might test how many prismatic shards per year filling a farm with Rainbow Trout fish ponds will give. The daily chance is 0.09% I believe. It's gonna be a pain though.
I mean you don't really need to test, you can just take the percentage multiplied by the amount of days, about %10.1 off the top of my head, so one every 10 years.

Comm

Tiller
I mean you don't really need to test, you can just take the percentage multiplied by the amount of days, about 0.109 off the top of my head, so one every 10 years.
Ima test it because random rng. With my luck an entire fish farm and I won't even get one in ten years. I'm also gonna test the overall profit of aged rainbow trout roe in ten years.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Ima test it because random rng. With my luck an entire fish farm and I won't even get one in ten years. I'm also gonna test the overall profit of aged rainbow trout roe in ten years.
Good idea if you wish to do it, from experience and research on sleeping a lot, that will take you a while lol, especially daily harvest.
On average they will get outweighed in terms of money pretty quick compared tosomethign like blob or lava but the total profits would be cool, you could pretty easily just calculate the averages and derive total earnings from them off the wiki but doing it yourself is creative.

Comm

Tiller
Good idea if you wish to do it, from experience and research on sleeping a lot, that will take you a while lol, especially daily harvest.
On average they will get outweighed in terms of money pretty quick compared tosomethign like blob or lava but the total profits would be cool, you could pretty easily just calculate the averages and derive total earnings from them off the wiki but doing it yourself is creative.
The biggest pain is gonna be waking up and checking them all every day.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The biggest pain is gonna be waking up and checking them all every day.
That's what I meant, soon, I will be doing something similar where I do that and fill silos every 3 days for about 80 ig years....
It will also take more than 450 million g worth of hay lmao.