how in the world do you use a slingshot with the xbox

I play on mobile, which I know is different. But to load the slingshot is just like putting bait on the fishing pole. You open your inventory, it doesn't work from the toolbar. Select your stack of ammo and drag it to the slingshot. The slingshot should sort of light up when you have the ammo positioned correctly. Then it goes onto the slingshot when you release. I know the controls are different but I bet the idea is the same.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
i hsve the xbox x and i try everything to use it. but it says no ammo loaded and i can't figure out how to connect to the ammo. i see there is 1.6 comming someday so that might be a possibility fix it if it is broke. i don't know because i haven't found out how to do it. any xbox folks out there give me so help please.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Slingshot with a controller is quite a bit of effort, I would definitely recommend the hold and release slingshot function in settings as opposed to drawing it back, even if the latter is faster it’s just better to get used to the easier method first.

Ereo

Helper
I don't play on Xbox so I don't know what control to use, but to load ammo in the slingshot you use the same controls as for loading bait on the fishing rod.

You can use stones for easy ammunition, or craft explosive ammo. You can also put other things in the slingshot.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
i still have my bamboo pole. i do havwe the training rod and i am level 3 now in fishing. my community center is done except for fishing. i try to go to the pig lady friday and sunday to look for fish. btw, on winter 2, day 14.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
i dont understand 'the toolbar'. i can open my inventory where i can move items around in my backpack and seew my skills etc. when i pick the ammo and put it over the slingshot it doesn't do anything. i pick iron and put it over the slingshot and click. then i am holding the slingshot. i put it next to the ammo. i have 48 iron shown. i use the slingshot to fire but the display says 'out of ammo' and the iron does npt decrease. i will keep trying othewr methods. frustrating.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
took about 15 minutes to figure it out but i was finally able to shoot an iron ore across my room. will practice in low levels in the cave before going to scull cavern. even the wiki was not clear on how to do it. i will try to detail the steps here. thank you so much for the help, using the menu key was a good clue.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Congrats and good luck. I don't even TRY to use the slingshot. My aim is terrible in real life, I don't need to be reminded of it in games.