Hi there

Any advice you could give a newbie would be much appreciated.😁
Never plant crops (unless it's inside the greenhouse) near the end of a season. It will die in the next season. That's a tip from me about the game.

About the forums, just understand the forum rules and you'll be fine.

Oh, one more thing, welcome to the forums, MeraLuna!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Welcome to the Forums, MeraLuna!

My advice for the game would be to avoid the Wiki and spoilers here as finding out all the wonderful stuffs in-game for the first time is special and unparalleled. You really really don't want to compromise that first-time experience any more than you have to! You'll find a great many people who wish they could mindwipe their game experience only to get that first play magic back again, myself included.

Consider this: Many many of us are on our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th playthrough and still enjoy this game a whole lot. Adding in what I said above, how do you think we feel about that first experience? Yeah, take it slow and enjoyyy!!!

Full disclosure, I did lean on the Wiki for my first playthrough for Loved Gifts as I found that to be my biggest frustration but that's just me, hopefully that doesn't bother you.

Potatoes

Farmer
I also used the wiki on my first playthrough to find out people likes and loves, but also their schedule cause trying to pay attention to that can be a real pain. Just remember that you can pretty much sell anything, so there's lots of ways to make money besides farming.

Also when you do your second playthrough it will be amazing how many times you say to yourself "I wish I knew this on my first playthrough." But I think just trying to play and learn it will be the best and funnest way.

Hi MeraLuna, welcome to the forums! I fully support Lew's advice. My own advice would be - talk to the townspeople and read the found books in the library. All that's said and written there has its meaning for the gameplay.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Avoiding the wiki is something I always tell people to do. I know Lew may not agree, but I personally enjoy finding out what people like and hate when it comes to gifts. One time I gave someone what I thought was an absolutely awful gift just becuase I could, and because he was there, and because it was it was his birthday, and he was like "Golly I love this fer my birfday, thank you so mush!" or something like that. I got a very good laugh out of it.

For everyone else on the forum, it was Vincent, and he was hanging out outside of the library with Jas and Penny. I had crabpots there and i just pulled out a snail. I was like "*shrugs*, here ya go buddy." I always give him snails now, much to Jodi's chagrin. I can only imagine what she thinks about me when she's doing dishes.

Avoiding the wiki is something I always tell people to do. I know Lew may not agree, but I personally enjoy finding out what people like and hate when it comes to gifts. One time I gave someone what I thought was an absolutely awful gift just becuase I could, and because he was there, and because it was it was his birthday, and he was like "Golly I love this fer my birfday, thank you so mush!" or something like that. I got a very good laugh out of it.

For everyone else on the forum, it was Vincent, and he was hanging out outside of the library with Jas and Penny. I had crabpots there and i just pulled out a snail. I was like "*shrugs*, here ya go buddy." I always give him snails now, much to Jodi's chagrin. I can only imagine what she thinks about me when she's doing dishes.
😅

I will probably never get how some people enjoy finding out what townspeople like or not. There's such a tremendous lot of items in the game!!! I can't imagine how to keep track of them. Do you keep a log of all the gifts you give?

LRangerR

Local Legend
😅

I will probably never get how some people enjoy finding out what townspeople like or not. There's such a tremendous lot of items in the game!!! I can't imagine how to keep track of them. Do you keep a log of all the gifts you give?
Before they introduced the gift tracker to the game, I would kinda just memorize them. For some of them it just makes sense. I'm currently in the middle of cooking 31 of each dish and gifting them to each of the townspeople, just to see who likes what. I was kinda surprised to find that Leah hates pancakes.