Heya!

mycroft

Greenhorn
Hey all! I'm Mycroft. I like to think I'm a seasoned SDV player (been playing basically since the game came out with hiatus pauses), but to be honest, it's only in the recent months that I've become as into it as I have been. Sure, a few years ago I had stuff mapped out on graphic paper, but it wasn't to what I have now. A bookmarks tab with my most visited SDV related wiki pages, planning at least 2 seasons ahead, sticky notes across my desk and bulletin board tracking my goals and progress on projects. I'm almost finished with my first Perfection file (just starting Year 6, working my way to the last two Obelisks and the Gold Clock). I'd say right now that SDV is about all I play when I'm gaming. I mostly play on PC, but I have it on my Switch and on my PS4 also 😅 Looking forward to poking around a bit more!

FairyRing

Farmer
Hey all! I'm Mycroft. I like to think I'm a seasoned SDV player (been playing basically since the game came out with hiatus pauses), but to be honest, it's only in the recent months that I've become as into it as I have been. Sure, a few years ago I had stuff mapped out on graphic paper, but it wasn't to what I have now. A bookmarks tab with my most visited SDV related wiki pages, planning at least 2 seasons ahead, sticky notes across my desk and bulletin board tracking my goals and progress on projects. I'm almost finished with my first Perfection file (just starting Year 6, working my way to the last two Obelisks and the Gold Clock). I'd say right now that SDV is about all I play when I'm gaming. I mostly play on PC, but I have it on my Switch and on my PS4 also 😅 Looking forward to poking around a bit more!
You sound like you'll love the forum! I'm impressed by your IRL planning! I admit I have wanted to do the graph paper thing. There is a Stardew Valley Farm planner around here somewhere (you might like).This lovely forum is an endless source of resources. Welcome!

mycroft

Greenhorn
You sound like you'll love the forum! I'm impressed by your IRL planning! I admit I have wanted to do the graph paper thing. There is a Stardew Valley Farm planner around here somewhere (you might like).This lovely forum is an endless source of resources. Welcome!
The graph paper I usually resort to in the beginning as just like... "here's what I want to plant", and once I start getting into buildings and stuff, I end up breaking out the Stardew Planner. I've been puttering over it with my Perfection file, and am going to use it to plan out my Joja file

I’ve definitely mapped out my fair share of farms and gardens on graph paper! :laugh:
I'm pretty sure if I did some digging I'd find ones from the first year I played :laugh:

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello Mycroft! Welcome to the Forums! I hope you enjoy it here.

I did the graph paper thing too! I can just wing it nowadays, but that was definitely me once upon a time. I love when you can do that with games!

What farm map did you pick? Are you going to pick a different option for your Joja farm? My first map was the Riverlands Farm, that didn't go so well (maybe I over-planned :sweat:), so I started again on a Standard Farm, and I went Joja! It was lots of fun.

Which two Obelisks do you have left? How close are you to getting them? I left the Mountain Obelisk until the end, because ever since 1.5 I've been getting so many Mountain Totems from worms there. :D (EDIT: Ah, I see now; I checked out your Valley Showcase. Working on the expensive ones then! Have you got the Dragon's Teeth needed?)

Anyways, I look forward 👀 (this emoji is backwards, oh well) to seeing you around the forums!

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi Mycroft and welcome to the forums! I'm impressed by your graph paper planningigan shenanigans but I gave up on being that organized about planning my games a few decades ago. Nowadays I kinda wing it and stick to what I know in-game, whch is generally. Start in bed, stay in bed, grab fishing rod and take a nap under tree, be respectfully restful in the graveyard, don't play Junmo Kart in the Saloon, and let the animals out of the Barn/Coop at 10pm.

The last bit is because I'm very proactive about being ready for tomorrow.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hi mycroft, cool to see someone who has been playing for so long join the community, I've only really been playing for 2 years now and about 6 months intensively on PC but I'd like to say I've seen my fair share of things, in the game and here too to be honest.
I don't actually ever really plan out stuff in the game, irl or online, I just go with the flow which I feel works the best for me.
I did actually plan something once, all my coops and sheds I needed to make once, won't be doing that again (and making them ig is even worse...)

Screenshot (1078).png

Here is it, it took absolutely ages, the actual planner is very slow so if you didn't notice I switched to an editing software and copy-pasted :P.
Hope to see you around and chat, have a good day.