Help with Y1

oliver

Tiller
Long story short, me and my friend have started a new farm and are currently in spring. we've been trying our best to get the community centre finished ASAP.

We have all the fish that you can get through spring and have finished the foraging and crop bundles.

Does anybody else we can do throughout spring? (we have 4 days left)

Paranoic

Sodbuster
I'd probably just focus on mining or getting some fishing/iridium bar money at this point. Probably mining > money, for a lot of sprinklers for summer season, so I could skyrocket the income.
If you wanna try really hard for the early CC, you could build a coop and a barn early for the animal produces, getting a duck feather, rabbit foot, and large items takes some time, so the earlier you build them and get your first animals, the better.
Can't think of anything better than these things, later it's all about scaling sprinklers and getting all the bundles items you need. Good luck ^^

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i'm not the best minmaxer so i can't really say exactly for spring, but i would definitely fish as much as possible to get the money for the bus if you can. likewise the boiler room is pretty easy and i would just go down in the mines as far as you can if you haven't gotten to the bottom yet. getting fire quartz (if it's required) is a bit of a gamble but not that rare, while void/solar essence just requires fighting a bunch of 80+ floor level monsters and everything else comes pretty quickly

Sigrah

Farmer
Always, always, ALWAYS check the traveling cart on Fridays and Sundays. There is at least one thing you must buy from them in year one if it shows up as available and you're trying to complete the Community Center before Summer Year 2: Red Cabbage (either the crop itself or the seed). Red Cabbage seeds are only sold in Summer Year 2, so it's basically the main bottle neck if you're looking to complete the Community Center in Year 1. Other stuff that would be nice to buy (but aren't strictly required) are a Duck Feather, a Truffle (Chef Bundle), and maybe wool and/or cloth unless you get lucky with Emily and receive wool as a gift, or get the cloth from recycling newspaper.

One word of advice for min/maxing purposes though: Don't complete the Bulletin Board section of the Community Center until at least Spring Year 2, Day 1. Why? Because Kent comes into the game on the first day of spring in Year 2, and if you complete the Bulletin Board section after he introduces himself, you gain 2 hearts of friendship with him like you do with all the other non-marriage candidates in town. Speaking of Kent, you might also buy Roasted Hazelnuts or Fiddlehead Risotto if it shows up in year one since Kent's birthday is in the first week of Spring. You can easily gain 4 to 5 hearts with him in your first week depending on how you play it.

Holliups

Greenhorn
Gifting low value items to villagers such as Emily or Linus can be an easy way to get items you'd usually get later on, such as maki rolls and cloth. Pretty sure Linus can also help with bait if you're both into fishing.

I usually plant an apple tree in spring, they're used in at least two bundles, one of them being the greenhouse which gives you a real head start. You can do without it if necessary tho