Windows Help With Connection Failed

Elook

Greenhorn
Connection Failed

I have been playing the game with my girlfriend and it was working perfectly until about 2 days ago where now almost every time it says connection failed when trying to join the farm and the few times I have managed to get in I usually end up losing connection after about 1 in-game day. Today I tried for 50 minutes to get in and was unable to. Here is a full list of the fixes that I have tried multiple times. 1: Restarting the Game 2: Launching the game from Steam. 3: Reinstalling the game files. 4: Restarting my WIFI router as well as reconnecting the connection to my PC. WIFI doesn’t seem to be the issue because I can still stream 1080p video without buffering. 5: Using the invite code instead of clicking the farm from the list on co-op 6: Uninstalling and Reinstalling Visual Studio 2013 7: Both reallowing Stardew Valley and disabling my fire wall, antivirus, and VPN. 8: Restarting my PC.

I don’t know what to do anymore and this really sucks as we are long distance and playing games together is one of the main ways we have fun and stay in touch. What else can we do? We have also done these fixes on her PC as well but it hasn’t worked. I am able to see her farm pop-up when she reloads it in the co-op menu.

Raging_Moose

Greenhorn
yea I'm having a similar issue when I play other co-op games ( Terraria, Minecraft )I have no issues playing them Co-op But since the Update, in December I haven't been able to host a game or join a game with my girlfriend.

Raging_Moose

Greenhorn
Connection Failed

I have been playing the game with my girlfriend and it was working perfectly until about 2 days ago where now almost every time it says connection failed when trying to join the farm and the few times I have managed to get in I usually end up losing connection after about 1 in-game day. Today I tried for 50 minutes to get in and was unable to. Here is a full list of the fixes that I have tried multiple times. 1: Restarting the Game 2: Launching the game from Steam. 3: Reinstalling the game files. 4: Restarting my WIFI router as well as reconnecting the connection to my PC. WIFI doesn’t seem to be the issue because I can still stream 1080p video without buffering. 5: Using the invite code instead of clicking the farm from the list on co-op 6: Uninstalling and Reinstalling Visual Studio 2013 7: Both reallowing Stardew Valley and disabling my fire wall, antivirus, and VPN. 8: Restarting my PC.

I don’t know what to do anymore and this really sucks as we are long distance and playing games together is one of the main ways we have fun and stay in touch. What else can we do? We have also done these fixes on her PC as well but it hasn’t worked. I am able to see her farm pop-up when she reloads it in the co-op menu.
[/QUO
this might help, might not it worked for me. open up your windows defender, then go to Firewall & Network Protection, then select allow an app through firewall, in the next window scroll down the list till you find Stardew Valley and select it, then click the remove button, then ok. after you have done all that start Stardew Valley up and open your coop world you are hosting, this will trigger you needing to reestablish your connection permissions for Stardews Valley. this might fix your issue and allow others to connect