PC [HELP] Stardew Valley Crashing GPU Drivers - Video_TDR_Failure causing blue screen with RTX 3080 and 5900x

RoastedMT

Newcomer
I'm at a loss with what the root cause could be, and any help would be absolutely amazing. To get it out of the way, my specs are not an issue, I am playing the game on a Ryzen 5900x and an RTX 3080. The game will crash randomly, causing my screen to flicker black, and then ultimately blue screening. This issue will usually happen within an hour of gameplay, usually within the first 30 minutes. I have no issues with any other games on my system. I have tested this with no overclock or undervolt settings on my GPU.

Things I've tried:

• Reinstalling the game
  • Multiple graphics drivers (using DDU to uninstall)
  • Reinstalling XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0
  • Disabling Steam Overlay
  • Installing the game on different drives
I have not tried reinstalling windows yet and I'd like to avoid it. I'm honestly at a loss, and any help would be amazing. Thanks!

Lew Zealand

Helper
The only thing I can think of is to use MSI Afterburner with the Riva Statistics to record what your GPU is doing. When playing Horizon Zero Dawn recently on an RX 5600XT, it would randomly crash out and when reviewing the GPU logs, on rare occasion the stupid GPU was dipping down the voltage to 775mv while maintaining 1770 MHz or so, which of course is gonna cause it to crash. Now, for me a DDU and reinstall one driver version back did help, which you've tried already, but maybe you will see something in the data specific to your setup. BTW I got no crashes in any other game, not sure why it was picking on HZD.

FWIW, Riva detects SDV as a DX9 game so maybe there's something funny with Nvidia's DX9 driver for the 3090? I play SDV mostly on a 1080 (also on Intel iGPUs), so I know the Nvidia drivers are usually solid for this game.