Android HELP PLS

dorkydoodlebug

Greenhorn
i just got my first stardrop and completely forgot that i had set my "favorite thing" to be my partner's name (at the time) and i was wondering if there was any way to change your favorite thing on mobile? id just hate to see his name every time i got a stardrop, considering its supposed to be something that makes you happy and we are no longer together :(

BlaDe

Farmer
On android you have access to your save file.

You will need to do some save file editing to change it.

Open your save file and search for favouriteThing, then replace the text between the tags.

Let us know if you need help finding and editing the file.

dorkydoodlebug

Greenhorn

Open your save file and search for favouriteThing, then replace the text between the tags.

i would greatly appreciate it if you could help me find and edit the file too 🥺

Flav

Farmhand

I found the files from android, but I could not open and edit them because they were not opening. Do you need an app to open it?

This page might help:

Some folks find it easier to email or put the files in the cloud/Google Drive for Mac/PC editing in an appropriate program (instead of attempting to do it on mobile), then send/put it back. Also, it is always ideal to create a backup first and be careful what you edit in so that it preserves formatting/indentation per the info on that page in the advanced section. The save file can often be too large to edit in a stable way on mobile, and finding an app that's stable enough and preserves the XML formatting to edit it in can also be a bit problematic (have done on iOS, it was not smooth).

Last edited: