PC [HELP] One of my friends cant play multiplayer co-op, please help!

SoulsReaper

Greenhorn
So I am hosting a local coop with my friends using Zerotier, it works perfectly fine with me and all my friends except one, We have Steam version and one of my friends keeps getting this error :
"the server has closed the connection"

We tried everything, from changing his Zeroteir IP, reinstalling the game, verifying game files on steam, we are playing on version 1.5.5 BETA, please note that we are playing with one legit copy which is my steam copy, my friends plan to get the game on Steam in the near future but they can't right now because of financial issues, please help us enjoy the game together until then, thank you in advance.
nothing worked, this is the error he gets before his game crashes:
245519631_882450992391472_6434092274513135454_n.jpg

ERROR MESSAGE LOG FROM MY FRIEND'S SIDE:

---------------
Exception of type 'StardewValley.AbortNetSynchronizerException' was thrown.
at StardewValley.NetSynchronizer.barrier(String name) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\NewDaySynchronizer.cs:line 57
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9219
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__713_2() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8589
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4114
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3934
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1066
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 163

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: GeForce 820M/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Client)
In-game Date: summer 27 Y2 Time of Day: 2540
Game Location: Cabinc4700717-c3ad-464b-8b62-14ce6a4739bf

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if your friend came here on this forum because every computer is different... Just saying.

Sometimes, I assume it can be related to your friend's firewall and anti-virus.
Ask your friend to try to follow this instruction. Please let me know.

Last edited:

SoulsReaper

Greenhorn
It would be nice if your friend came here on this forum because every computer is different... Just saying.

Sometimes, I assume it can be related to your friend's firewall and anti-virus.
Ask your friend to try to follow this instruction. Please let me know.

This is the error log from his computer, not mine, My errors log is empty thankfully, thanks for the guide, unfortunately, we have already done all of the steps in it before posting in here, but nothing seems to work.

This is the error log from his computer, not mine, My errors log is empty thankfully, thanks for the guide, unfortunately, we have already done all of the steps in it before posting in here, but nothing seems to work.
I misread your message:
Just let me know how he is doing after he followed this instruction fixing his connection.

You are a very nice person but...
Things would be simpler if he is here. – just saying.

Last edited: