Windows [HELP] Multiplayer Joining Issue/bug.

Skywinds

Newcomer
There has been an issue at least for me and my friend where we cant join our farms even new farms.
before you tell me to do generic things such as restart internet or something we have tried:
-Restarting Modem/computers
-verify file integrity / use compatibility mode in BETAS(Steam Version)
- We don't use mods
- check we have all files such as Visual C++ redistributables
- uninstall and re install.
- connect via WIFI or or Ethernet Cable.
- make sure we have sufficient Cabins.
- started new saves with enough Cabins

We have surfed the entirety of reddit, this forum, Steam Forums. and we have tried everything that is out there and it is not working. I will attached the error logs.

Note: Our Internet for me and my friends has not changed in terms of Speed for both Download and upload since 2019. and we stopped playing back in March 2021, wanted to get into the game again in December 2021 but alas we cant. We would like to know if there is a fix or if it is something that's being looked at because we very much so would like to play together.

Note+: we can play alone but not in multiplayer as We Cant join.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you get your friend's ip-address (have your friend type in "what's my ip" into google) then try both of these commands in the command prompt:
- ping IP-ADDRESS -n 1
- tracert IP-ADDRESS
(switch IP-ADDRESS with your friends ip)

If both commands fail (or only tracert) then something is going on in between your computers and it isn't anything you're doing.

If you (or your friend has an antivirus) find a way to allow stardew valley through the antivirus firewall

SDV locations:
Steam:
follow this tutorial to find your game folder, then allow "Stardew Valley.exe" through
Windows: press "Win + R" and paste "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" into the text box, then search for a folder named something like "ConceredApe.StardewValleyPC_X.X.X.XXXXXXXXXXX. Allow "Stardew Valley.exe" through.

Skywinds

Newcomer
I followed the steps to allow Stardewvalley.exe through the Firewall both in public and private and nothing. I just wished stardew valley multiplayer was more smoother to troubleshoot :/

Edit: we tried to ping each other via cmd Prompt but all pings say that are failling. do you know if it is related?

1640908146479.png

Yes, it is related, if the computer can't send or receive data from the other computer, then they can't send or receive SDV coop data. Could you do "tracert IP-ADDRESS" that would allow me to get a better idea of when the Data Packets are being lost?