PC [HELP] Local Co-Op: How do I play with the controller as host, while the second player uses mouse and keyboard?

My question is basically in the title. I would like to host my farm for the new splitscreen mode and still use my controller, while my friend would like to use my mouse and keyboard every once in a while as my farmhand. How do I set it up?

Last edited:

softly~softly

Greenhorn
I'm also trying to get this setup working. I'm running latest 1.5.4 version and it still doesn't appear to be possible....keyboard only usable by host it seems.

LowlyWorm

Newcomer
@ConcernedApe
We would also really like player one to be able to use a controller in split screen. My kid and I have 180 hours on our character Lowly over two years and they really get dissapointed when they can't use the controller on split screen coop - and hurrah for split screen coop it is so awesome!

PoshDan

Newcomer
I'd like an update for this as well, please. I'm playing the GOG version in online co-op and would prefer to use a controller (it's less straining on my hand/wrist). The only way I can get a controller going is by pressing the "menu button" on the controller and join with a second local character.