Issue [HELP] Golden Walnut Trees Missing

Several places are missing Golden Walnut Trees, even if they're supposed to be there. Using Stardew Valley Checkup, I can, for example, see that I'm missing the Walnut from Island West Shipwreck Bush. However, no walnut tree can be found at that location. The Save is a Multiplayer save, and some mods like Immersive Farm and Stardew Valley Expanded are installed. However, I have tried with mods and without mods running, and the Walnut tree locations are still missing. I've also verified the integrity of game files via Steam.

Here are the walnuts that are left to find for my save:
  1. Island Jungle Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  2. Island South Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  3. Island North Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  4. Island North Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  5. Island North Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  6. Island North Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  7. Island North Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  8. Island North Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  9. Island North Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  10. Island North Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  11. Volcano Caldera Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  12. Volcano Caldera Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  13. Island West Shipwreck Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  14. Field Office Mummified Bat Reward (Hover for spoilers)
  15. Field Office Mammal Skeleton Reward -- 6 walnuts (Hover for spoilers)
  16. Field Office Snake Skeleton Reward -- 3 walnuts (Hover for spoilers)
  17. Island West Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  18. Island West Bush (Hover for spoilers) - Hidden Path
  19. Island West Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  20. Island West Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  21. Island West Bush (Hover for spoilers)
  22. Island North Palm Tree (Hover for spoilers)
  23. Island Cove Mermaid Puzzle -- 5 walnuts (Hover for spoilers)
  24. Island Cove Cave Buried (Hover for spoilers)
  25. Island Cove Buried (Hover for spoilers)
  26. Island Cove Star Pool (Hover for spoilers)
  27. Island Jungle Banana Shrine Reward -- 3 walnuts (Hover for spoilers)
  28. Island Farm Cave Gourmand Reward #1 -- 5 walnuts (Hover for spoilers)
  29. Island Farm Cave Gourmand Reward #2 -- 5 walnuts (Hover for spoilers)
  30. Island Farm Cave Gourmand Reward #3 -- 5 walnuts (Hover for spoilers)
  31. Island Jungle Gem Shrine Reward -- 5 walnuts (Hover for spoilers)
  32. Break a Golden Coconut
  33. Winning Darts Minigame -- 3 walnuts
  34. Breaking Volcano "Barrels"
  35. Harvesting Crops on Island Farm -- 4 walnuts
  36. Breaking Shell Stones on Island Farm Beach -- 2 walnuts
  37. Journal Scrap #10 Buried Treasure (Hover for spoilers)
  38. Journal Scrap #6 Buried Treasure (Hover for spoilers)
As far as the missing locations go, I've checked them with and without mods running and they do not appear.

Furthermore, there are several places where you can glitch the map. The Hidden Path on Island North lets you glitch your character below the map, from where you can run around "underground" without your character been seen.
Exiting the hidden Cave from Volcano Island, you can follow the river, from which you can exit the map and run around off screen, and re-enter the map where you shouldn't be able to go.

Have you encountered something similar? Do you have a workaround for this (resetting golden walnuts/ set specific walnuts as collected)? Can I fix this with save file editing? Any help would be appreciated :)

You say it is a multiplayer save, is it possible that your friend(s) got there before you and got them already? I think the walnuts are common to all the players, given that (most) rewards are all common as well.

You say it is a multiplayer save, is it possible that your friend(s) got there before you and got them already? I think the walnuts are common to all the players, given that (most) rewards are all common as well.
Hi, thanks for replying :)

Unfortunately that is not the problem, I've been playing alone on that file for the last few days and my boyfriend hasn't been to the island as I discovered that I was missing trees. Today, he visited, but the walnut trees are missing in his game as well.

imnvs

Local Legend
SVE messes with stuff pretty good, from what I can tell. A lot of the buggy behavior that it causes does seem to stick to the save, because for a lot of them just disabling the mod doesn't fix the buggy behavior. I do think that editing the save file is what'll be necessary, but I couldn't even begin to tell you where to start. Sorry.

MouseyPounds

Sodbuster
What mods are you using aside from SVE? I know one of the auto-grabber mods if set to global foraging sucked up all the walnuts because it hadn't been properly updated to understand all the new 1.5 stuff yet.

Thank you guys for all your help!
It seem to be indeed a Stardew Valley Expanded Issue.
For anyone else having this problem, you can edit your savefile searching for "walnut" and edit the two integers (one for the golden walnuts you are currently holding, and one for the total amount of walnuts collected) by the amount of the bushes missing. There are also flags following locations, so for a complete edit you would also need to add (or remove? I'm not sure if it lists the locations already found, or the ones missing) the locations you want to be flagged as collected.

wibbelkind

Greenhorn
How did you figure that one out? Bc my friends and I have been going back and forth on the issue and they said if it were indeed a SVE bug, it would be way more public since SVE is a very popular mod, but there seems to be no other bug reports of this problem...

If you're sure it's a SVE problem, definitely report it as a major bug. I'm gonna do some testplays today to see if I come to the same conclusion.

Gator_Bodine

Greenhorn
I'm having the same issue with missing walnut trees. I'm NOT using SVE, though. I've actually been able to pinpoint exactly what's doing it for me.

Using world_bushreset from the Entoarox Framework removes almost all the golden walnut trees. I've made a post on Nexus about it, but in the meantime, you can get walnuts via the item spawner.

Last edited:

wibbelkind

Greenhorn
I'm having the same issue with missing walnut trees. I'm NOT using SVE, though. I've actually been able to pinpoint exactly what's doing it for me.

Using world_bushreset from the Entoarox Framework removes almost all the golden walnut trees. I've made a post on Nexus about it, but in the meantime, you can get walnuts via the item spawner.
Wait so you're saying world_bushreset CAUSED the walnut trees to go missing? That explains a lot, because that's what I've been using after I removed SVE and I didn't know it would affect the Island I didn't know of back then.

Allayna

Sodbuster
thats what it looks like! happened to me too, but because id finished getting my walnuts, I didn't realize until i realized I could get offscreen on a couple paths normally blocked by the trees XD

I had the same issue too and I managed to fix it by modifying my save file to reinsert all of the missing bushes on ginger island. I had a really old file that I managed to load up in order to find out which bushes are missing.

Allayna

Sodbuster
I had the same issue too and I managed to fix it by modifying my save file to reinsert all of the missing bushes on ginger island. I had a really old file that I managed to load up in order to find out which bushes are missing.
what do i look for to see these bushes in my save?

what do i look for to see these bushes in my save?
search for the different regions of the island using something like "islandeast", and look for the parts of the objects where they are all type bush. When you search for the regions of the island, you'll get at least 2 locations where the keyword shows up. It's easier if you start with the second entry where the line looks something like this <name>IslandEast<name> and work your way up since the bushes are located near the end of each location block.