Windows [HELP] Game Zoomed Out Too Much

justjess

Greenhorn
Hi! I'm playing Stardew Valley for the first time and I'm loving it! Currently in Summer of Year 1. Running into some trouble though. I faced the same issue found in this section of the forum and followed the instructions. My game is zoomed out too much. For some reason, it's not working for me. Any other ideas of what I could try to fix this issue? I've never had this problem before. Thanks in advance.
stardew valley screen.png

Last edited by a moderator:

farmerbrynn

Greenhorn
I'm having the same problem. Game (on PC/Steam) worked normally on Monday and did this after I installed an update on Tuesday.

JinxCat17

Newcomer
I'm also having this issue on PC/Steam, and it also started after updating to 1.5.6 when I logged into Steam this morning.

I'm unable to change the resolution in the game options, the option box is greyed out. Additionally, I cannot switch from Windowed Borderless to any other window options.

The fix in the forum post OP linked does not help, as none of the boxes I was supposed to try to uncheck were already checked. I found a different thread suggesting to change the startup properties/resolution for Stardew in steam, but that did not affect anything either.

Using the options to zoom in and scale UI help somewhat, but elements are still far too small for me to play comfortably.

I wish that I had a solution you could try. Hopefully someone else will have something that helps.

StardewKat111

Farmhand
I'm having the same problem. Game (on PC/Steam) worked normally on Monday and did this after I installed an update on Tuesday.
I play on xbox, but in my experience if you go into the settings (while inside them game save) it gives you the option to adjust for screen size. If that's not an option, I'd suggest also asking the reddit page or looking around on there. (it has a lot of answers to these types of questions.)

farmerbrynn

Greenhorn
This is something different than that--I've tried every resolution setting offered, deleted startup preferences, and didn't have any of the boxes checked I was supposed to uncheck. I also don't see anyone reporting this precise version of the bug from earlier than this week--people have resolution issues, but not that specific giant screen from the OP. It's something from the 1.5.6 update.

eviekateswann

Newcomer
im also having this problem, if anyone has a solution pls let me know, literally cant see to play. max zoom is still too small after bug :(

imnvs

Local Legend
Has anyone tried editing the savefile to see if messing with the zoom settings there helps? (Remember both zoom and UIscale.)

farmerbrynn

Greenhorn
It's a workaround and not a fix, but I've found setting my game resolution to 1400 x 1050 (through the options menu) makes it playable.

JoelSF

Greenhorn
I'm experiencing this too after the latest update. My screen resoulation is naturally quite high so the new UI seems way too small for me compared to how it was beforehand, makes it a little more difficult even with the scaling turned all the way up.

JoelSF

Greenhorn
I've noticed that the zoom-in isn't an issue at all for me when loading the game via SMAPI, even though I'm not using mods right now.

there's a fix here which ended up being the one that worked for me, entering in windowed then changing the resolution to 1920x1080 :)
Hopefulyy that's not the only surefire solution because my game prevents me from changing the resolution or going fullscreen for some reason, box is just greyed out entirely.

JinxCat17

Newcomer
I tried every solution I could -- The one that seemed to work for others, changing the resolution in fullscreen, still left huge black bars with a tiny window in the middle, which was difficult to see.
Launching the game through SMAPI, like JoelSF suggested, did work for me, though! Thank you so much for your suggestion, this problem has been bothering me for days!