Solved [HELP] Game Stuck Won't Update Steam

QuackQuack

Greenhorn
Hello! :blush:

My game is stuck on version 1.3 on Steam and it's a bit frustrating. The game has no mods; it's just the game itself. I tried re-installing/uninstalling, verifying the files on steam, and even checking if there is a Beta update. There is but it's the 1.3 version with multiplayer which I'm currently using - Stardew Valley has had a 1.5 update out for a while now but my steam refuses to recognize the update. The updates are on automatic and at all times even when I'm playing games. Every time I check for an update it says there is none even though there is lol and every time I verify the files it says its okay. I'm hoping someone could help me out with this.

Thnx!

Last edited by a moderator:

QuackQuack

Greenhorn
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and helping!
So, the thing is there is nothing wrong with steam itself and my other games. Just stardew valley is stuck on version 1.3 :(
I never used mods for this game and never attempted to download them at any point.
Yes, I'm using windows. I even made sure my drivers are up to date as well just in case. I also cleared the download cache on steam. It's not showing anything for an update, it says its up to date being at 1.3 even though I know there is this amazing 1.5 update out.

Because you said 1.3 version, there is the possibility that something is stuck there. Have you tried to download the game manually?
I have a theory that maybe we could try to download the 1.4 version of Stardew Valley. Then, download 1.5.

Try to follow this Instruction on how to download older versions manually:

Notice that CA announced his 1.4 version on November 26, 2020. Maybe find a version later than November 26. 2020 to download the 1.4.

I am not sure which one is 1.4. I am presuming that these are 1.4 because later than November 26. I hope you will figure it out.
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 9.31.32 PM.png

Here's a link where to download the older version just in case you find it difficult to search for it:

Last edited:

QuackQuack

Greenhorn
Hello,
Thank you so much for getting back to me - I will definitely try this out when I have time today and will let you know if it worked!
I just noticed this yesterday as I was inspecting my game - in game when I click the "?" it says I have version 1.5.5 but then in Steam when I click the actual game files and go to details it says product version 1.3.37

Kreeate

Rancher
Hello,
Thank you so much for getting back to me - I will definitely try this out when I have time today and will let you know if it worked!
I just noticed this yesterday as I was inspecting my game - in game when I click the "?" it says I have version 1.5.5 but then in Steam when I click the actual game files and go to details it says product version 1.3.37
The version 1.3.37 is for the Stardew Valley Executable file only. It is not indicative of the complete game version.

SDV 1.5.5
1634995502349.png

SDV 1.5.4
1634995773744.png

Last edited:

QuackQuack

Greenhorn
Because you said 1.3 version, there is the possibility that something is stuck there. Have you tried to download the game manually?
I have a theory that maybe we could try to download the 1.4 version of Stardew Valley. Then, download 1.5.

Try to follow this Instruction on how to download older versions manually:

Notice that CA announced his 1.4 version on November 26, 2020. Maybe find a version later than November 26. 2020 to download the 1.4.

I am not sure which one is 1.4. I am presuming that these are 1.4 because later than November 26. I hope you will figure it out.
View attachment 6898

Here's a link where to download the older version just in case you find it difficult to search for it:

Update! This worked for me! Steam was a bit confused and now it finally all caught up with this method! Thank you so much! Now have to go help Willy and his boat. :)