Windows [HELP] Game not starting (Failed to create graphics device!)

Torodes

Newcomer
I need help. I've been trieng to fix this problem for two days now. My game is not starting. I press start in the steam lib. but it just doesnt appear and steam switches from "Playing" back to the normal "Play" button.
I've checked the error log and the error is in the title.
What I've tried so far:
- Reinstalled the Game and reinstalled and updated the Graphics driver and reinstalled steam and updated the prossesor driver.
- Verify integrity of game files and tried to start the game in compatibility mode.
- Installed .net 5 and direct3D 9.
- Disabled Discord and Steam overlays.

Please I am desperat for a solution!
My Specs are

System: Windows 7 x64
Proccesor: Intelcore I5 3500
Graphics card: Onboard intel chip

Crash Report is attached

Edit: I found the solution to my issue. I went into Steam>Library>Right Click Stardew Valley>Properties>Compatibility.
Note that is NOT the Windows Compatibility it is in steam betas!
See Tweet form Con. Ape: https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1482959174812139523?t=z0sembAdVmn9iUaU26EmwQ&s=19

After playtesting I still have the following issues.
Some crashes
Cant go into fullscreen mode because my laptop has a wired resolution
Cant start with steam overlay anymore
(it worked fine before the patch)

Attachments

Last edited:

BreamkillerX

Newcomer
I am having the exact same issue. I found if you close steam out completely and open the shortcut the game will open but it will take 40 mins to load into multiplayer games. I have been unable to start a single player game.

Torodes

Newcomer
I am having the exact same issue. I found if you close steam out completely and open the shortcut the game will open but it will take 40 mins to load into multiplayer games. I have been unable to start a single player game.
See my new edit, that worked for me