PC [HELP] Game Not Launching - Since Update 1.5.5

spaghooter

Greenhorn
I can't launch Stardew since the update. It won't start :(
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Error Info:

InnerException: System.PlatformNotSupportedException: MonoGame requires either ARB_framebuffer_object or EXT_framebuffer_object.Try updating your graphics drivers.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.FramebufferHelper.Create(GraphicsDevice gd) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.OpenGL.FramebufferHelper.cs:line 32
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformInitialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.OpenGL.cs:line 340
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Initialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.cs:line 357
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation gdi) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 144
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 115
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 123
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 838
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 465
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Could not detect.

spaghooter

Greenhorn
Forgot to add -

I've uninstalled Microsoft XNA framework, reset my pc and downloaded the most recent version of Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 and still no luck.

The compatibility beta version for 32-bit systems is still working, albeit lagging loads.

TotallyKoalfied

Greenhorn
I am also having this same problem! I was playing just fine until the update the other day. Now the game will not even launch and I have the same error log. I have reviewed the different fixes on the forum and thus far have had no luck. Here are lists of my attempts to fix, error logs and system info. I hope posting within this same thread is ok, this is my first time posting an issue and I thought since they are the same problem it would be helpful. If I need to create my own thread please let me know.

Things I have Tried (includes computer restarts after each attempt):
- Backing up my gamefiles, then uninstalling and reinstalling the game from Steam.
- Verifying my gamefiles in Steam.
- Trying to run as admin.
- Downloaded and installed (well repaired because it was already installed) Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0.
- Downloaded and installed the .NET 5.0 framework.
- Ensured I have a current version of DirectX installed (as you can see below it is DirectX 12)
- Downloaded the most updated chipset and graphics drivers (my system is pretty old and I have integrated graphics with my Intel processor)

My System Info:
1638477605792.png

1638478201072.png

My Error Log:
InnerException: System.PlatformNotSupportedException: MonoGame requires either ARB_framebuffer_object or EXT_framebuffer_object.Try updating your graphics drivers.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.FramebufferHelper.Create(GraphicsDevice gd) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.OpenGL.FramebufferHelper.cs:line 32
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformInitialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.OpenGL.cs:line 340
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Initialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.cs:line 357
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation gdi) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 144
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 115
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 123
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 838
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 465
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Could not detect.

Bonina

Greenhorn
Forgot to add -

I've uninstalled Microsoft XNA framework, reset my pc and downloaded the most recent version of Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 and still no luck.

The compatibility beta version for 32-bit systems is still working, albeit lagging loads.
How do you get acess to the 32 system version? Wanna try it on mine, even though it´s 64bit, since nothing has worked so far

aleeeeee

Newcomer
I'm having the same issue, I click on it and it doesn't show me on my screen or in my Taskbar but on steam it says it's running, also another issue is after some time after it opens and i enter my world I get stuck on the loading screen.. any idea what could I do regarding to that? I updated my windows version for it..:(

chefgee

Newcomer
Did anyone find a solution to this? I have the same error log. I just bought the game and can't run it.

DoD

Newcomer
Forgot to add -

I have the same problem like you T-T do you solve it?

Tom

Farmer
I updated the graphic driver.
I think this is the right answer. I only wish I could find a way to update my i3 330M Intel HD driver. Anyway, I am buying a new laptop to replace that old one. I guess computers don't stay current forever. Software moves on.

annanae

Newcomer
steam says it's running but it doesnt show on the screen or on the taskbar, i don't even hear the game's sound
I tried literally every tutorial I've seen, I updated EVERYTHING & it just doesnt work :((

Califa710

Newcomer
I have the same problem with I5 - 3210M CPU and HD Graph 4000. Windows 10, Drivers updated. Minecraft sketchy patch doesnt work too. I tried everything i found, and the only way the game opens is on linux T.T

Belluzzo

Newcomer
Inside Steam, go to game properties, and in the BETAS tab, use the compatibility mode. Worked for me with my Intel HD Graphics 3000.