Solved [HELP] Game Crashing when loading save file

Hey MysticTempest! I've been having the same problem as a lot of others on the forum, whenever I try to load my save file it crashes. I think it might be something to do with one of the XML documents not loading correctly because it hasn't updated properly, although I'm not too sure on this.

If you had time to check out my file I would really appreciate it! I've seen you've been able to get some other peoples' save files working again, so I decided to give it a shot by asking :)
Howdy @eggowaffle , and thanks for including the log with it!

You're somewhat correct; more specifically, the save files are XML data files. So that error was telling us the location in the savefile where it was broken; and why.

I took a look, and you were missing a chunk of data at the tail end of your savefile. But, luckily your savefolder had backups of the previous in-game day that SDV creates each time it saves.
So, I just rolled you back a day per these instructions: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Undo_the_last_save

I tested in-game to be sure, and it loads fine now for me.

Attachments

eggowaffle

Greenhorn
Howdy @eggowaffle , and thanks for including the log with it!

You're somewhat correct; more specifically, the save files are XML data files. So that error was telling us the location in the savefile where it was broken; and why.

I took a look, and you were missing a chunk of data at the tail end of your savefile. But, luckily your savefolder had backups of the previous in-game day that SDV creates each time it saves.
So, I just rolled you back a day per these instructions: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Undo_the_last_save

I tested in-game to be sure, and it loads fine now for me.
Hey MysticTempest!

Honestly thank you so friggin' much! I really appreciate it! I was so happy I was able to get back into the save file again!

You're doing some great work for us with save file issues, you're an absolute legend :)

anyway you can take a look at mine? ive tried forever to try to fix. really would appreciate it :)
Your save loads up fine for me. The error logs are next to the Save folder, and should tell you why it's not working.

But, make sure your game is fully up to date to first; as that's a common issue.