Help for NPC sprite movement

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Hello, I'm trying to trigger a specific sprite sequence. I know 0-3 is walking, 4-7 is walking right, 8-11 is walking back, and 12-15 is walking left. How do I make sure that my custom 16-19 shows? How can I make it trigger while my NPC is standing in place? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/156109690059751424/729807097835028540/unknown.png I am referencing this guideline for the sprite sheet.

Thank you!
Hi, maybe this will help
Guide for Creating Custom Events, Stardew Valley - Event Modding Resource

mouse

Farmer
Much belatedly, but we could use more information. Is this something you want to happen all the time, outside of events, just like walking around town? Inside an event, there are commands all documented on the wiki -- in this case depending on what you wanted to do, you could use, say, changeSprite or showFrame. Outside of an event, it probably wouldn't work well in a universal way, because of how the "standing still" sprites go with the directional walking sprites.

The simplest way around that might be to make a custom animation and put that at specific schedule points, like how Abigail plays her flute in the Mountain, but it again depends on what you were trying to do.