PC [HELP] Cannot launch the game

Gab

Newcomer
Hello,

I just recently bought a new Windows 10 PC and downloaded the game on it. Other games on my Steam can launch except Stardew Valley. I already tried the troubleshoots posted in here yet it didn't work.

Things I tried:
  • Delete the startup_preferences file in %AppData%/StardewValley (I do not have the file)
  • Go into the game file directly (you can find this by right clicking game in steam library > properties > local files > browse local files...) and then into the folder titled “_CommonRedist”, then “XNA”, then “4.0”, then “xnafx40_redist” installer. Once there, run the installer and hit repair. (Already tried, game still wont launch)
  • If you don’t have SMAPI installed, right-click on Stardew Valley in Steam, then go to Properties > Set Launch Options, and make sure it is empty. (I don't use MODS, Launch Options are clear)
  • If you are running the software "RivaTuner", exit out of it completely before running the game (I do not have this)
  • Go to Device Manager > System Devices and check if there is something called "FrescoLogic Display Adapter". this can cause incompatiblity issues. (Drivers are updated and there is no FrescoLogic on the Display Adapter).

PS. The game runs on my laptop.

Please help me play this game on this device. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Odin

Staff member
I downloaded SMAPI and followed the instructions, launch options is still empty, yet the game still wont work.
Since you're installing SMAPI you actually don't want the launch options to be empty. Run the SMAPI installer again and see the string it gives you to place in the launch options.