PC HELP! BUG? Recipes from Farming Skill 6 not learned?

KDashing

Greenhorn
Hi! So, I started up a single-player beach farm on my laptop, and I'm on the 25th of Summer. I got to level 6 at some point, but the notification never triggered and I didn't learn the cheese press of hardwood fence recipes. Is this a bug, or am I losing my mind? I included screencaps I thought might be relevant. Sorry if this isn't a bug, I just went to the guide and it said it should have unlocked, but it didn't, so I figured I should check in.

Thank you for your time!
1611126888987.png
1611126913444.png
1611126939978.png

imnvs

Local Legend
Are you sure you were at Farming 6 from experience, or had you maybe eaten food that gives a bonus to farming when you noticed it at 6? As an example, if you were at Farming 5 and ate some Hasbrowns, and then opened the menu and looked there, it would show just like what you see in the screenshot.

KDashing

Greenhorn
I hadn't eaten anything that day so no, but I did just get to the next day and it triggered the level 6 skill and recipes, so it seemed to have just been delayed by a day. It's still odd though, since it showed me that I was at skill level 6, so I'm pretty confused. I think it's still a bug, but the problem on my end fixed itself. I'll happily answer anymore questions if need be!

KDashing

Greenhorn
Okay, onto the next day, I got another overnight notification that I'd levelled my farming skill to 6, so now I know it's a bug.

KDashing

Greenhorn
It seems to be a repeating error, as I have gotten the Level 6 farming skill notification every night since, now on the fourth night. On top of that, I paid to upgrade my coop to the second level, and while the sign appears to show it is being worked on, Robin is not appearing.

Ereo

Helper
I hadn't eaten anything that day so no, but I did just get to the next day and it triggered the level 6 skill and recipes, so it seemed to have just been delayed by a day. It's still odd though, since it showed me that I was at skill level 6, so I'm pretty confused. I think it's still a bug, but the problem on my end fixed itself. I'll happily answer anymore questions if need be!
It always shows when you got the xp, but the notification and new recipes are there at night, so seeing you are level 6 during the day and only getting notified at night is normal.

Getting the notification every night now is not normal of course. Are you (or were you) playing with any mods?

KDashing

Greenhorn
No mods this time around! I wanted to play to experience the update in vanilla. I'm getting repeat notifications about a few of my skills now, not just farming. The only ones that haven't been doing that are the level 5 skills, when select specializations... It started with farming level 6(wasn't doing it beforehand), which I had the skill showing before I got the notification.

(also nvm about Robin- I'm a dingus and it was the Moonlight Jellies)

KDashing

Greenhorn
Possible final update? Error seems to have fixed itself, I've had three days as of Fall 3 with no duplicate skill level notifications

imnvs

Local Legend
Oh, something else you should be aware of. If you get the experience to level a skill during a day, you'll see it levelled in the tab. Then when you sleep, you should get the skill level message... but of course, you should only get that once. 😛