Have you got rid of your children?

ValleyGirl

Tiller
So I'm playing a farm on my Android tablet and I'm putting together a bucket list while I wait endlessly for the update...

I've done the community centre, mystery bundle, mines, quarry, skull cavern, dark talisman etc

I'm in the process of working towards getting all of the warp towers available and the golden clock.
I also want to go through ALL the bachelors and bacholerettes and marry and divorce each of them (married and divorced Maru, now married to Penny).
I have two kids, but quite frankly they just get in the way and block my access a lot - so hoping to dispose of them soon.
I need to cook every recipe, that's a job for winter I think.

What else is there for me to complete?

Can you place items around the map to add details - like in the town square?
Can you grow stuff on the beach or other places on the map?

Any suggestions welcome as I'm getting bored.

I might start a new game and go down the JoJo Mart route, but my son and his pals want to start a multiplayer game which I might get involved in instead - see my latest post about STEAM as I need some advice on buying the game for PC

Ereo

Helper
You could complete all the collection tabs (cooking, crafting, shipping, fishing, all the awards...) and befriend everybody.

You can decorate the town, but beware of villagers walking through your stuff. There are some maps on the wiki that show save locations. They are linked in the article about chests. https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Chest

You can't grow crops outside your farm, but you can place machines or plant trees (except fruit trees).

Potatoes

Farmer
In one of the two current games I’m playing now I just had a child (this is the first time since the game was released I’ve ever decided to have one :flushed: )

I have already considered using the shrine to get rid of them, but I might end up waiting until I have a second one I suppose, we’ll see though…

Lew Zealand

Helper
I've collected about 30 now and have been lucky to get a few from my rainbow trout fishpond too
Since you're now rich as a robber baron, whisk those kids away henceforth! They do just kinda get in the way though I don't know if you can remove their beds in v1.4 on your tablet, that interior design feature might have been a v1.5 addition. There is one little spot where the game wags a little finger at you for endovenating your issue very late in the gameplay, but I think that's also a v1.5-only thing. Hey, think of it an an achievement than only the endovenators get!

LRangerR

Local Legend
Since you're now rich as a robber baron, whisk those kids away henceforth! They do just kinda get in the way though I don't know if you can remove their beds in v1.4 on your tablet, that interior design feature might have been a v1.5 addition. There is one little spot where the game wags a little finger at you for endovenating your issue very late in the gameplay, but I think that's also a v1.5-only thing. Hey, think of it an an achievement than only the endovenators get!
Endo huh?

They never can grow up. They can only leave the nest if you make the sacrifice. They don't want to be toddlers forever. Set them free.
Also you can have more children if you endoveinate.
Some players use the quarry for crystalariums, kegs, or honey. I sometimes do maple syrup and bees in the railyard. You can also use the spring onion place and secret woods with no danger of villagers destroying your set up. If you marry Elliot or Leah you can put machines in their abandoned cabin. Other places no one else goes include the bus tunnel, the entire backwoods, the sewer, and the mine's groundfloor.

nicodeux

Farmer
Yes, the feature to remove crib and move beds was added in v1.5. The participation of children in festivals was also added in v1.5.

I've collected about 30 now and have been lucky to get a few from my rainbow trout fishpond too
You are one of the few lucky ones who managed to get Prismatic Shards from a rainbow trout fish pond ! Congratulations !

If I were you, I would not hesitate to turn your children into doves if you find no real usage (especially in v1.4) nor kindness for them. And this enables a few funny (or creepy, it's a matter of POV) small events to happen later in v1.5.

ValleyGirl

Tiller
If I turn my kids into doves what will the wife say/do?? I'm going to divorce her soon anyway and try another bachelorette or bachelor anyway... who should I marry next? Any suggestions.

Last edited:

Hill Myna

Farmer
The first item I ever got from my rainbow trout was a prismatic shard!
🤯🤯🤯 !!!

Really? In some sense that's actually quite unlucky, because you got to 9-10 fish without getting a single roe...
who should I mary next? Any suggestions.
I'd save Haley for last.

Why don't you try Emily or Leah, maybe they'll encourage you to cook more!

Although if you're still in Winter, then I'd have to recommend Leah (or Elliot), because they'll give you a bottle of Wine on New Year's Eve.

Lew Zealand

Helper
The first item I ever got from my rainbow trout was a prismatic shard!
That's insane luck!

If I turn my kids into doves what will the wife say/do?? I'm going to divorce her soon anyway and try another bacelorette or ba helps anyway... who should I mary next? Any suggestions.
Supposedly your spouse has no reaction to your child-to-dove transmogrification, I'll assume they're all bird lovers. After Divorce, you'll get some very disappointed dialog when you talk to them which IMO would be a super-downer in-game, so you might want to budget for The Dark Shrine of Memory in the Witch's Hut. To save a trip: divorce, then next day do a trip to Witch's Hut for Selfishness and Memory. Not sure how I'd do with that as I just create new Farms to marry new people, it's an excuse to start over!

IMO Haley is not the last to marry if you're interested in the marriage experience. Put another way:

Penny is a better person to chase but Haley is a better person to catch.

Hill Myna

Farmer
IMO Haley is not the last to marry if you're interested in the marriage experience.
I sense a misinterpretation (or a miscommunication) here...

I've married Penny and Maru before, and I've seen Sebastian, Harvey, Alex, and Haley through family members.

Haley is for sure the best out of these 6, can't speak of the others.

Therefore, I think you should save her, so if/when you eventually move on from this farm you'll have Haley as your spouse!

(and yes, I threw every bar Strikethrough at the "for sure", just in case my emphasis was a little hazy the first time...) ;D

Lew Zealand

Helper
I sense a misinterpretation (or a miscommunication) here...

I've married Penny and Maru before, and I've seen Sebastian, Harvey, Alex, and Haley through family members.

Haley is for sure the best out of these 6, can't speak of the others.

Therefore, I think you should save her, so if/when you eventually move on from this farm you'll have Haley as your spouse!

(and yes, I threw every bar Strikethrough at the "for sure", just in case my emphasis was a little hazy the first time...) ;D
Ah! Yes, complete misinterpretation on my part, sorry. Your logic is impeccable and sounds like a good plan!