Give some long-term worth to the less valuable crops ๐Ÿ‡๐ŸŽ(Jam and Salsa Master)๐Ÿ…๐Ÿง…(Yogurt)โœจ(MnMnM)โœจ

Tukis J

Sodbuster
-In the late game, it is kind of sad that in the long-term part of the game that so many crops are put to the side of the most valuable crops like ancient fruit, same is with jelly being replaced by wine but I think I have a solution :lightbulb:for that.

-How about after the player shipped every crop item once and did the master Canolli quest, He is visited by his apprentice or descendent the next day comes to the player's house to teach the player an old art of mixed Jam and Salsa Master and give the player the recipe for the Master Mixer Machine akaโœจMnMnMโœจ.

-This would give the player the option to create masterly crafted mixed jams and salsas, clicking the Master Mixer Machine would give the player the ability to mix 2 different types of jams to create masterfully crafted mixed Jams, or mix 2 different types of pickles would create masterfully crafted salsas. Making these crafted items would not sell more than ancient fruit wine but it would come close in terms of profit.

-The player would also learn the ability to turn only cow milk into the yogurt so the player could mix yogurt and jelly into flavored yogurt like
๐Ÿ“strawberry yogurt๐Ÿ“

-The less valuable crops would be the ones that would create the best mixes/profit.

-I want to know what do you all think about the idea bellow :toothy:

Last edited:

Kurachi84

Planter
I guess crops that lose their value due to better ways to get money, would be better off being useful in other ways.
Maybe more cooking with them, even if it's low/mid healing amounts and/or decent buffs.
I guess giving them other ways to be profitable also can be nice, at least. Like jam/pickles, quests and more.

Of course cheap crops that drop more (Blueberries and such), already give more, so those don't need as many uses, i think.
Maybe increasing the chance to get wanted quests for them, to have more of a chance to make money out of those, would also be nice.
They are cheap to sell, but if villagers want them more often, they become worth some more.

I always like to see more cooking recipes, but doing that with cheap crops would make them more valuable to keep.
Maybe more cookings with cheap(er) crops, which would be likes or loves to villagers could help this, too.
I mean, cheap cookings with little healinmg being someone's favorite and others' liked gifts, makes gifting them better than using them.

Just some ideas i just came up with (i really think too much, eh? haha).
I also mentioned crop specific jelly/pickles and such to be used for something nice, so that would be great with cheaper ones, too.

Tukis J

Sodbuster
I guess crops that lose their value due to better ways to get money, would be better off being useful in other ways.
Maybe more cooking with them, even if it's low/mid healing amounts and/or decent buffs.
I guess giving them other ways to be profitable also can be nice, at least. Like jam/pickles, quests and more.

Of course cheap crops that drop more (Blueberries and such), already give more, so those don't need as many uses, i think.
Maybe increasing the chance to get wanted quests for them, to have more of a chance to make money out of those, would also be nice.
They are cheap to sell, but if villagers want them more often, they become worth some more.

I always like to see more cooking recipes, but doing that with cheap crops would make them more valuable to keep.
Maybe more cookings with cheap(er) crops, which would be likes or loves to villagers could help this, too.
I mean, cheap cookings with little healinmg being someone's favorite and others' liked gifts, makes gifting them better than using them.

Just some ideas i just came up with (i really think too much, eh? haha).
I also mentioned crop specific jelly/pickles and such to be used for something nice, so that would be great with cheaper ones, too.
Yea but wouldn't be cool to have a machine that mixes jellies into special jellies or salsas?

dundalol

Sodbuster
actually cooking is next to worthless. i had a huge stash of ingredients waiting for something and decided to use them to cook... but checked several recipes and decided to either sell the fish or preserve/keg the fruits and vags

Kurachi84

Planter
actually cooking is next to worthless. i had a huge stash of ingredients waiting for something and decided to use them to cook... but checked several recipes and decided to either sell the fish or preserve/keg the fruits and vags
It's for fun, just like most (somewhat) useless dishes. Plus if having decent buffs, one can use it for Mining and such.
It's not just about money, it's about usefulness in general.
And if having a quest that those dishes are useful for, money comes out of it, too. So grabbing the ingredients(if not in refridgerator yet), cooking and walking to the quest target is easy money.

I think we shouldn't just look at the end game only, where we have better ways to make money, and cooking also helps, as villagers give money and friendship points.
Friendship points make them send stuff more often (rarely still, but at least a better chance), and some gifts and valuable, and cheap ones can be sold, too.
That all combined makes it worth it, if doing it well.
And the ones having fun with playing other parts of the game, also can use them well... people already are doing challenges which are crazy hard, so something not-as-useful to them, can be nice to many.
And if recipes are obtained years after the first one, they can be made more effective than ones we get early on, no? They'd be considered late game.

dundalol

Sodbuster
tbh i think there are too many recipes and its a pain having to check what ingredients need each. it could be like sashimi, that recipes require "any green vegetables" or something like that.

Kurachi84

Planter
tbh i think there are too many recipes and its a pain having to check what ingredients need each. it could be like sashimi, that recipes require "any green vegetables" or something like that.
Not sure what "a pain to check what ingredients need each" means here, as i don't think it's much work, and we got some new features on the cooking tab in the menu.
To be sure i add a spoiler command, for ones not playing 1.5 yet:
  • The cooking tab now shows the recipe for an item when you hover over it.
  • The cooking tab now fades icons for recipes you know but haven't made yet
And no idea why one would think there are too many recipes, as they give more to do in the game.
You can also not play it this way if you don't want to, but others seem to like more recipes.
Recipes and other ideas here seem good when all are added, as it's not just about recipes, it's just one thing i like to see more of.
I'd also like to see cheap crops having more uses, but cooking is something that came to mind for me.

dundalol

Sodbuster
fruit salad: 1 melon, 1 blueberry, 1 apricot
i have 200 melons, 3000 blueberries, 5000 starfruits and 0 apricots. just let me make the fruit salad with 3 different fruits

salad: 1 leek, 1 dandelion, 1 vinegar
the above on steroids

i think that several recipes might be repeated then, but i also think that there are too many recipes.. theres hould be several to restore pure health: low, med, high, with different mix (fish, fruit, vegetable) and then some others that give buffs, and thats it. 1 page is more than enough, but we have 2 pages

fruit salad: 1 melon, 1 blueberry, 1 apricot
i have 200 melons, 3000 blueberries, 5000 starfruits and 0 apricots. just let me make the fruit salad with 3 different fruits

salad: 1 leek, 1 dandelion, 1 vinegar
the above on steroids

i think that several recipes might be repeated then, but i also think that there are too many recipes.. theres hould be several to restore pure health: low, med, high, with different mix (fish, fruit, vegetable) and then some others that give buffs, and thats it. 1 page is more than enough, but we have 2 pages
In some cases, I would agree with you (I'm trying to get perfection and I completely forgot about The Queen Of Sauce for a while) but I do like the recipes in most other cases. They add a lot of "flavor" to the game and I enjoy it. (badum cha) Jokes aside, I really do like all of the recipes, because though they don't sell for very much it gives some use to the cheaper earlier game crops. It's just an opinion, but if anything I don't believe that the number of recipes will ever go down, if anything it might increase.

Tukis J

Sodbuster
In some cases, I would agree with you (I'm trying to get perfection and I completely forgot about The Queen Of Sauce for a while) but I do like the recipes in most other cases. They add a lot of "flavor" to the game and I enjoy it. (badum cha) Jokes aside, I really do like all of the recipes, because though they don't sell for very much it gives some use to the cheaper earlier game crops. It's just an opinion, but if anything I don't believe that the number of recipes will ever go down, if anything it might increase.
Yea I'm not saying this idea replaces dishes in stardew valley I love how dishes work in these games as food buffs, My idea would be instead give something of depth to the current preserve jars so they are not overshadowed by kegs in the late game (as a long term mechanic to the game of adding more hidden value to the less valuable crops and add a fun mechanic of mixing different types of jellies or pickled vegetables). :cool: