Ginger Island Secrets??

Hill Myna

Farmer
The Island is so much fun! ...and also best experienced with little to no spoilers.

I'm not going to spoil anything unless you explicitly ask, but there are a couple of hints I can give you.
The Island has six main areas, North, South, East, West, the Volcano, and the docking area. Hopefully you don't get too lost, because sadly there is no map! Just know that South is generally the way out.

The Island's currency is Golden Walnuts. There are 130 in total, and you earn them from solving puzzles or doing basic activities (e.g. Fishing, exploring), although activities cap off after a while (for example, only 5 can be obtained from Fishing). Golden Walnuts can be spent on upgrades to the Island, such as unlocking new areas or conveniences.

Speaking of puzzles, the Island is filled with them. Don't feel like you have to solve them all right away! Start with the easy, and save the trickier for later. Also, bring all your tools with you. You never know when you might need your Watering Can or Copper Pan!

At the beginning, the Island can feel a little intimidating. Later on, once you are familiar with the layout and the vibe of the place, it will feel second nature.
Some people feel like they've abandoned the Valley, others that the Island is the wild west that should only be visited on rainy days. Find your balance, neither is wrong, have fun!

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
When you go, take a chest, sprinklers, food, and seeds with you. It's like having a second greenhouse.

Other than that, just explore. It's SO fun in the beginning. After a while though, finding the last few golden walnuts can feel tedious to me, but it's like a ton of puzzles to work through and pretty fun.

Rebel60

Tiller
The Island is so much fun! ...and also best experienced with little to no spoilers.

I'm not going to spoil anything unless you explicitly ask, but there are a couple of hints I can give you.
The Island has six main areas, North, South, East, West, the Volcano, and the docking area. Hopefully you don't get too lost, because sadly there is no map! Just know that South is generally the way out.

The Island's currency is Golden Walnuts. There are 130 in total, and you earn them from solving puzzles or doing basic activities (e.g. Fishing, exploring), although activities cap off after a while (for example, only 5 can be obtained from Fishing). Golden Walnuts can be spent on upgrades to the Island, such as unlocking new areas or conveniences.

Speaking of puzzles, the Island is filled with them. Don't feel like you have to solve them all right away! Start with the easy, and save the trickier for later. Also, bring all your tools with you. You never know when you might need your Watering Can or Copper Pan!

At the beginning, the Island can feel a little intimidating. Later on, once you are familiar with the layout and the vibe of the place, it will feel second nature.
Some people feel like they've abandoned the Valley, others that the Island is the wild west that should only be visited on rainy days. Find your balance, neither is wrong, have fun!
Yeah,....I guess I got the "easy" five walnuts. Getting to the others seems impossible, though. AND every time I pass that damn broken bridge I hear that explorer (??) bang on the rocks to say he's (she's?) stuck!!!
All help is appreciated.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah,....I guess I got the "easy" five walnuts. Getting to the others seems impossible, though. AND every time I pass that damn broken bridge I hear that explorer (??) bang on the rocks to say he's (she's?) stuck!!!
All help is appreciated.
What breaks rocks without a pick?
Or stronger than a pick.
That is all I am willing to give...

Boo1972

Farmer
My advice is more explicit than previous responses. Proceed with caution.

The trapped explorer will be fine. Ignore them for now. Look carefully at the ground as you head north to the volcano. Till the ground if you notice earth that seems disturbed or ground the it’s marked with a circle or square. Don’t forget the grassy areas! Chop trees if you need to see better. Also, head into the volcano and smash rocks, kill enemies, and break open containers.

when you get enough walnuts, go to the west of the island. There is a turtle blocking the way but pay the parrots in walnuts and they’ll move him for you. Again, forget the trapped explorer for now.

Wickedy Chickedy has a great Ginger Island walk-through if you get really stuck. Or, I can be more explicit.

Edit: You can reach any walnut you see, just maybe not yet. For example, when you arrive on the island 2(?) walnuts are mocking you from the cliff in front of you. But walk to the next screen, and you can find the path to them. A bunch of visible walnuts are like that. Also, don’t forget to bring you watering can to the volcano. It might be worth it to explore the lava field at the entrance.

Last edited:

Rebel60

Tiller
My advice is more explicit than previous responses. Proceed with caution.

The trapped explorer will be fine. Ignore them for now. Look carefully at the ground as you head north to the volcano. Till the ground if you notice earth that seems disturbed or ground the it’s marked with a circle or square. Don’t forget the grassy areas! Chop trees if you need to see better. Also, head into the volcano and smash rocks, kill enemies, and break open containers.

when you get enough walnuts, go to the west of the island. There is a turtle blocking the way but pay the parrots in walnuts and they’ll move him for you. Again, forget the trapped explorer for now.

Wickedy Chickedy has a great Ginger Island walk-through if you get really stuck. Or, I can be more explicit.

Edit: You can reach any walnut you see, just maybe not yet. For example, when you arrive on the island 2(?) walnuts are mocking you from the cliff in front of you. But walk to the next screen, and you can find the path to them. A bunch of visible walnuts are like that. Also, don’t forget to bring you watering can to the volcano. It might be worth it to explore the lava field at the entrance.
Much appreciated.......:happy::happy: