Ginger Island Beach House

So I'm sure that every veteran Stardew Valley player is familiar with that rest house in Ginger Island that can eventually be unlocked for 20 Golden Walnuts.

So I'm married to Abigail in my current playthrough. I recently saw her visiting the Resort. I would love to show her my Island rest house and even invite her to sleep over with me there one day. Is this possible?

FairyRing

Farmer
Yeah unfortunately you can't have your spouse stay there with you. I was hoping adding a double bed may do it. NPC are "cursed" to stay on the beach.
It would be neat if the game recognized you're there. And the spouse stays with you.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. That is such a bummer.

Perhaps if I were to have lots of free time and wanted to get my hands wet in that area, then this might be an idea for a mod.

Lew Zealand

Helper

Perhaps if I were to have lots of free time and wanted to get my hands wet in that area, then this might be an idea for a mod.
I think the big thing for the NPCs not to be out on the Farm map or elsewhere on Ginger is their collision mechanic where they go all Gojira on anything blocking their way. Must destroy Chest and Crops! RAWWWWWRRRRR!!!!! Fire breath!! FSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH! STOMP!

You get the picture...

I think the big thing for the NPCs not to be out on the Farm map or elsewhere on Ginger is their collision mechanic where they go all Gojira on anything blocking their way. Must destroy Chest and Crops! RAWWWWWRRRRR!!!!! Fire breath!! FSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH! STOMP!

You get the picture...
That makes sense. I've actually had a couple of my chests in the Ginger Island docks area disappear shortly after I opened the Resort.

I was thinking about allowing the farmer's spouse and kids to stay at the Beach Farmhouse as potentially another way to raise Friendship with them. As is, there are no really fast ways to raise Friendship with the player's own kids.

Isa730

Rancher
I honestly wish there were a lot more interactions with your spouse on Ginger Island, but I hadn't even thought of this one! I'd love to have Shane over, it'd motivate me to actually decorate over there. :laugh:

I find it a bit sad that your spouse never invites you to the Island though. You want to have a beach day without me?! Fine!! >:(

Jokes aside though, I think that'd be a cute addition, though I know it'll never happen. xD

Boo1972

Farmer
I enjoy Ginger Island, especially the volcano dungeon. Leo is a sweet heart and those rewards from Mr. Qi are fantastic. But Ginger Island seems almost like a different game to me. Mainly because the interactions with the NPC’s are so limited. When I was married to Sebastian, spending time away from the family at the beach house seemed like it fit both my character and our family culture, But being married to Sam and Haley? It felt almost like a betrayal to have a “secret” beach house. I realize that’s slightly dramatic, but I have an immersive play style. I really would like to have my family at the beach house.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I enjoy Ginger Island, especially the volcano dungeon. Leo is a sweet heart and those rewards from Mr. Qi are fantastic. But Ginger Island seems almost like a different game to me. Mainly because the interactions with the NPC’s are so limited. When I was married to Sebastian, spending time away from the family at the beach house seemed like it fit both my character and our family culture, But being married to Sam and Haley? It felt almost like a betrayal to have a “secret” beach house. I realize that’s slightly dramatic, but I have an immersive play style. I really would like to have my family at the beach house.
This was exactly my reaction to the whole Ginger Island section of the game for a long time and I'm still not completely over it. It's almost like a separate game set in the Stardew Valley Universe but not exactly SDV itself. I'm married to Haley in my first Ginger Island experience and guess what? Out first kid was delivered on the first night I slept at the Island Farmhouse. Guilt. Her name is Absentee...

Boo1972

Farmer
Farmer Wren gave birth to her first child with Sam on Ginger Island too. It was very disconcerting. Especially since the baby magically teleported back to the farmhouse

Lenora Rose

Farmer

I wasn't going to bring up mods in a vanilla thread more than I have to, but there is a somewhat still-in-progress mod called Spouses on Ginger Island which does change that at least a little. Your spouse comes to the island for a day (with a babysitter for the kids).

I think there are settings if you want it on a schedule. They don't say much (ie. no dialogue adds yet) but it was still nice to be puttering in my field there with Sebastian looking around then heading inside.