Solved GH's Peach Body type appearing on load screen but not in game/stuck on palest skin tone

renrenking

Newcomer
Hi! I installed GH's Peach Body type (installed from here: https://blog.naver.com/PostView.nav...t=Dlog&widgetTypeCall=true&directAccess=false) and for the most part it was working fine. The body type was activated, though I couldn't change my character's skin tone and it was stuck on the palest setting (I did have skin tone enabled in config). But otherwise everything was working as expected.

After a couple hours of it working fine, I saved and exited to title screen to reset the day. Opened my save back up just a minute later, without changing anything, and now the body type only shows up on my sprite in the load game menu. When I actually load the game, my sprite is the vanilla version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times with no success. There are no errors popping up in the SMAPI log. Would appreciate some help fixing this!

Solution found?: Well I feel like an idiot for posting this and finding the solution myself minutes later. But I had noticed Get Glam had been causing some other issues for me (duplicate save files on my loading screen) and tried uninstalling it, and that worked. I am still stuck on the palest setting for my skin tone and can't change it when I try to edit my character, so if anyone has ideas for fixing that problem that'd be great too! But the sprite is loading correctly now.

Last edited:

Cumology

Newcomer
I also have this problem, the skin tone doesn't change at all. Commenting to see if anyone has a solution to this.

renrenking

Newcomer
I also have this problem, the skin tone doesn't change at all. Commenting to see if anyone has a solution to this.
So I did some testing and the issue seems to be Lambeeon’s Oversized Sleeves. Though I don’t use just Lambeeon’s sleeve mod since it was never updated to 1.5, I use a different mod and just replace the asset with Lambeeon’s (I just followed the instructions posted by the top comment on nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/9923?tab=posts )
I found that the author of the body mod has their own sleeve mod, and they work fine together. But I much prefer the look of Lambeeon’s. So I tried replacing the assets of GH’s sleeve mod with Lambeeon’s, still doesn’t work. The sleeves appeared fine, but I still had the skin tone problem.
It feels like there’s something about the Lambeeon sleeve png that doesn’t like this body mod. As soon as I add it to my game it breaks the skintone/eye color, no errors on SMAPI though. Doesn’t matter what mod I’m using with that asset, it breaks as soon as I add it. The png itself looks the same as any other sleeve asset so I’m not really sure what’s going on :defeated:

Do you also you Lambeeon sleeve mod, or is it something else messing with the body mod? If you remove the Lambeeon sleeve mod the skin tones will work fine, though the sleeves are so cute I kept them :pskull:

Cumology

Newcomer
So I did some testing and the issue seems to be Lambeeon’s Oversized Sleeves. Though I don’t use just Lambeeon’s sleeve mod since it was never updated to 1.5, I use a different mod and just replace the asset with Lambeeon’s (I just followed the instructions posted by the top comment on nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/9923?tab=posts )
I found that the author of the body mod has their own sleeve mod, and they work fine together. But I much prefer the look of Lambeeon’s. So I tried replacing the assets of GH’s sleeve mod with Lambeeon’s, still doesn’t work. The sleeves appeared fine, but I still had the skin tone problem.
It feels like there’s something about the Lambeeon sleeve png that doesn’t like this body mod. As soon as I add it to my game it breaks the skintone/eye color, no errors on SMAPI though. Doesn’t matter what mod I’m using with that asset, it breaks as soon as I add it. The png itself looks the same as any other sleeve asset so I’m not really sure what’s going on :defeated:

Do you also you Lambeeon sleeve mod, or is it something else messing with the body mod? If you remove the Lambeeon sleeve mod the skin tones will work fine, though the sleeves are so cute I kept them :pskull:
Oh wow! I'm in the middle of installing all of my mods again after a break of playing the game, but I think I did had those sleeves installed during that time. Weird!
Thank you so much! Hope other people who have this problem see this.

Cumology

Newcomer
So it looks like on the original peach body site, there's a warning about merging other body mod stuff (including sleeves).
On the site itself (https://blog.naver.com/codnjsdl8235/222479030443):
"The process of merging by correcting the color of my body type or of other manufacturers' retech is absolutely necessary."

This is a machine translation, so it might be a little off. But it seems like we have to color correct it ourselves if we want a certain skin tone? Maybe I am misunderstanding it but it seems like it which is too bad. Maybe I just might move around the skin colors file itself so that the default color is the one I want.

renrenking

Newcomer
So it looks like on the original peach body site, there's a warning about merging other body mod stuff (including sleeves).
On the site itself (https://blog.naver.com/codnjsdl8235/222479030443):
"The process of merging by correcting the color of my body type or of other manufacturers' retech is absolutely necessary."

This is a machine translation, so it might be a little off. But it seems like we have to color correct it ourselves if we want a certain skin tone? Maybe I am misunderstanding it but it seems like it which is too bad. Maybe I just might move around the skin colors file itself so that the default color is the one I want.
would you be able to explain how to do that?

MzHyde

Cowpoke
Hello, I would like to know if you were able to fix the problem with the lambeeon sleeves and the naver peach body mod, because I don't know what to do anymore. I really like the lambeeon sleeves, they look much better than the peach body mod, if you could, thank you if you help me