Getting properly introduced

Jayamos

Farmer
I hate introducing myself, but it’s good to do that when you enter a community, sooo…here goes.

I’m not typically a gamer, nor a forum poster. I like to garden IRL and hike and kayak. But… then I got sick. And my cat died. And wildfires made it too smoky to get out in the garden for weeks.

I saw SDV on a couple of “great games for COVID” lists. It looked sweet, and the same-sex marriage was a plus. And…one IRL year and nearly 200 in-game hours later, here I am with my graph-paper farm notebooks, some thoughts about fanfic, and this intro. Because not only is the game great, the community around it is too.

I’m feeling a lot better, have two neighbor cat buddies, will be planting okra in the IRL garden this weekend, and will also be playing SDV and seeing who posted a new farm layout. Because SDV and this forum are a great place to hang out.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Welcome to the Forums a month later! I never introduced myself at all so you're doing better than me. Sorry to hear about your cat but hopefully those neighbor cats will do their best to keep you company, lotsa cats are good at that. And go with the fanfic, we have a few people contributing in different ways to that here. Have fun!

Jayamos

Farmer
@Daikon Ocelot, yeah, after I posted I thought maybe that was a little intense for an intro? But sometimes life and I are both that way.

@Hill Myna, so right now…
  • I am in my Joja run and have finished the town repairs.
  • I’m planting my greenhouse to Ancient Fruit, still at the flat end of that curve. Will be moving coffee to the sides, I think.
  • I’m learning to get out of Skull Caverns under my own power consistently. That is, I hope I’m learning, consistency has yet to happen.
aannd the real goal of this run: I want to see all the cutscenes for all the bachelors and bachelorettes, so Evil Twin Betsy will be marrying and divorcing all the ones I don’t want to stay married to in another playthrough. Eventually she’ll figure out who she really loves. She’s starting with Shane, because that’s who she got to 8 hearts with first.