Getting Married Spring 17 Year 1. Have I missed a friendship source?

BlaDe

Farmer
Hi.

I am starting a farm where I will be married on Spring 17 Year 1 without using mods or glitches.

This involves proposing on the 14th. I will be marrying Haley - her early bday will make this possible.

I am running this on 1.3, but am wondering if I have missed a friendship source to allow this to work on 1.5.

I need to get 2500 friendship points on Spring 14, and it needs to be raining to buy the pendant.

I am manipping rng to give me item delivery billboard quests every 2 days from the 2nd. I have 7 consecutive quests available for Haley, but can only use 6 of them (don't get one on the 12th). These give 150 each, for 900 points. In order for these quests to be for Haley, I cannot meet anybody else until I collect the last quest on the 14th.

Talking gives 20 points. I have 14 days of talking for 280 points.

A loved gift is 80 points. Gold loved gift is 100 points. I can get regular quality loved gifts the first week (5th and 6th), and gold for the rest of the run (coconuts, 7th-13th, and 14th).
The 14th is Haley's birthday, which gives a 8× multiplier, so 800 points for a gold gift.
Giving 2+ gifts in a week gives an extra 10 points Sunday morning.
Gifts will give me 800 + 2 × 80 + 2 × 100 + 2 × 10 for 1180 points.

There are 3 heart events available that give friendship. 2 hearts give 30, 4 hearts give 30, 6 hearts give 50, for 110 total.

Giving a bouquet gives 25 points.

900 + 280 + 1180 + 110 + 25 = 2495.
5 points short of 2500.

Is there a source of friendship I have missed available to me before or on the 14th?

One potential source is the introduction quest. Once you meet everyone you get 100 points with everyone. Unfortunately I need the 14th to rain, and I cannot meet anybody else until the 14th to get my billboard quests to be for Haley. Elliot stays in his cabin all day when raining, so I cannot meet Elliot to complete this quest.

I cannot get access to the desert in time to get gold coconuts in time for the 6th; The first week has to be regular quality as far as I can see.

If I could get lvl 10 foraging on the 13th, I could enter the 14th with botanist, for an iridium coconut. An iridium birthday gift gives 960 points, 160 points more than a gold gift. 15000 foraging xp is a tall order in that short of time.

The reason 1.3 works is that this patch was before the mushroom farming nerf. On 1.3 you can keep revisiting a mushroom floor in the mines to keep on collecting mushrooms. Since 1.4 you only get mushrooms on the first visit. Mushrooms give foraging xp which will allow me to get lvl 10 foraging in time (though it will still be difficult).

I have already done a run to me married on the 18th, now I am trying to bring this back a day.

Is there a source of friendship I have missed?

BlaDe

Farmer
I can't think of one.

The only potential wrinkle I see, however, is that you're automatically introduced to Lewis and Robin. Do they not give help wanted quests?
Good point.

My numbers do account for knowing them. The person you get is tied into the order you meet NPCs.

Funny bit of trivia - if you have skipped the intro, Robin and Lewis are "met" the first time you open your inventory.

Reactions: Tom
Dancing.

Since you're going to have more than four hearts on the 13th for the Spring Dance, you can dance with her for 250 Relationship Points.

Oh wait, that's the 24th, the 13th is the egg festival... my bad.

Hmm... quite the conumdrum. If you can manage to give a daffodil on, say, day 1-6 before you start giving her loved gifts, that might work

Dancing.

Since you're going to have more than four hearts on the 13th for the Spring Dance, you can dance with her for 250 Relationship Points.

Oh wait, that's the 24th, the 13th is the egg festival... my bad.

Hmm... quite the conumdrum. If you can manage to give a daffodil on, say, day 1-6 before you start giving her loved gifts, that might work
Even gold star liked items give less than regular quality loved ones. I presume (but could be wrong) he's using cart items the first week and using a seed which will have two loved items available in time that way. I'm not aware of any other sources, nor any methods to get foraging up faster or get higher quality loved items faster. I know just chopping trees isn't close to good enough, and I presume the idea of getting like 40 items day 1, crafting 200 wild seeds day 2, planting them, then turning all the results into more wild seeds and using deluxe speed gro across nearly 2000 plants is a non-starter. Even if you reduce the amount needed by chopping a bunch of trees in the interim, and get watering can upgrades ASAP, I just don't know that following that path is remotely possible given limitations on the amount of hours in the day, and within realistic constraints for energy consumption per day. But it's the best I've got.

BlaDe

Farmer
Yeah, I am completely done before the dance.

The seed I am using has coconuts at the cart on the 5th, though if needed I can manip pink cakes at the saloon (expensive though).

Id only get one round of wild seeds. Plant on the 2nd, harvest on the 9th. Plant on 9th, harvest on 16th. Deluxe speed gro brings this back to 14th - too late for the run.

Targeting tree seeds is an interesting route.
Once you wake up with at least foraging 1 you can selectively chop trees that give 2 seeds, and plant them immediately. They are unlikely to grow by the 13th, but you can fertalise them once the recipe unlocks.

When you do your daily talk to her, she sometimes asks weird questions, with options for your answers. Do some of those possible replies give you a friendship boost?

BlaDe

Farmer
When you do your daily talk to her, she sometimes asks weird questions, with options for your answers. Do some of those possible replies give you a friendship boost?
Good question. Just looked in the dialog file, and it seems the first opportunity for this is a Saturday in Summer. Too late for this run unfortunately.

Good question. Just looked in the dialog file, and it seems the first opportunity for this is a Saturday in Summer. Too late for this run unfortunately.
Shoot, I really thought we had it there, didn't realise she didn't start doing it until summer.

The only alternative to an iridium coconut seems to be the Introductions quest, which means meeting Elliott on day 13 and then manipulate the day 14 quest.

Shoot, I really thought we had it there, didn't realise she didn't start doing it until summer.

The only alternative to an iridium coconut seems to be the Introductions quest, which means meeting Elliott on day 13 and then manipulate the day 14 quest.
This also has the benefit of not having to get foraging to 10, which would make things a Lot easier. Would this work? Somewhat related, Does shopping count as opening your inventory?

DJModulo

Sodbuster
I actually am not sure if the 100 FP for Introductions are awarded after the 2nd of Spring (I believe MouseyPounds found that to not be the case, could be mistaken though)

Can't you buy the Joja Membership before the CC opens? That way you might be able to access the desert on the 6th for a quality coconut.

Cptldsilver

Planter
What about a strategy revolving around getting an iridium quality sunflower via deluxe fertilizer? Is there anyway to speed up the growth of the sunflower or get deluxe fertilizer from somewhere besides the walnut room?

imnvs

Local Legend
What about a strategy revolving around getting an iridium quality sunflower via deluxe fertilizer? Is there anyway to speed up the growth of the sunflower or get deluxe fertilizer from somewhere besides the walnut room?
No other source for Deluxe, and couldn't use it with any accelerator except Agriculturalist , and Sunflowers are Summer/Fall.

Cptldsilver

Planter
No other source for Deluxe, and couldn't use it with any accelerator except Agriculturalist , and Sunflowers are Summer/Fall.
You would have to plant them in the greenhouse/ ginger island. Technically if you could plant them by the 6th with deluxe fertilizer then they would grow by the 14th. Getting the seeds isn't too hard and getting greenhouse access by the 6th is doable. The problem is getting to the island isn't possible till you can farm the hardwood and will definitely take longer than the 6th.

Maybe you can get deluxe fertilizer from a bundle reward?