Creator Response Getting friends without gifting then

AlexandreNoite

Farmhand
Some few effects in the game, gets you a friend for free without the need to gifting then, through events or season cards... I don't remember if there's items that does that as well.
The point is: Do I still get hearts? It feels kinda weird to get a friend without hearts, but the rulebook isn't clear enough about those specific cases.

If I get one heart, do I get 2 instead if it is their birthday?

Thanks!

Attachments

ostokitt

Newcomer
The rules say to discard from inventory when making a friend and then determine the gift and how many hearts. So for the event where you discard items, I think you treat the same as making a friend and receive hearts based on what item you discarded.

For the other card where you just gain a friends I feel like the intent is to also be able to discard an item/give them a gift and receive hearts. But if you don't have an item to gift they still become your friend you just don't receive any hearts.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
In these cases where you gain a friend, you do not also gain Hearts. The idea is, this counts towards the "Make Friends" goal and also lets you use their ability when a Gift icon appears on the Season card. Hope this helps make it more clear!

AlexandreNoite

Farmhand
In these cases where you gain a friend, you do not also gain Hearts. The idea is, this counts towards the "Make Friends" goal and also lets you use their ability when a Gift icon appears on the Season card. Hope this helps make it more clear!
Oh I see! That makes sense, thank you! I really loved the game :hlevel: