Solved Generic Key Not Found Exception

Jenteel

Cowpoke
Hi, SMAPI is continuously reporting an error that cropped up in my game yesterday, but other than the report by SMAPI I can't tell that there is anything actually wrong with my game. I posted the error on the Nexus page to inform the mod author that I'm getting the error but they haven't responded to my post so I'm not sure what to do. Like I said, if SMAPI wasn't constantly telling me that there is an error, I wouldn't be able to tell that one exists. However, scary wall of red text is scary and I want to be sure it's ok to continue playing or if I should not play on this save until it can be sorted out. If you can help me sort it out that would be great as I have no experience with modding, other than dropping mods into my mod folder and tweaking config files. Here is the link to my latest SMAPI log:

https://smapi.io/log/1110940841e44c12b640dbb5a074ed94

Thank you so much for any help you can offer, your time is appreciated!

Thanks for the log; seems to be an issue with the "Better Junimos" mod:

Code:
16:07:35    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000' was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at StardewValley.Characters.JunimoHarvester.get_home() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Characters\JunimoHarvester.cs:line 32
   at StardewValley.Characters.JunimoHarvester.update_PatchedBy<com.hawkfalcon.BetterJunimos>(JunimoHarvester this, GameTime time, GameLocation location)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush)
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore
I do see a bug report on the mod page; where someone reported issues about them becoming stuck/despawning issues. And, the log snippet they posted had the same "key not present in the dictionary" as you.

Jenteel

Cowpoke
Yeah, I posted my log on the mod page but the author still hasn't responded. I started up a new farm to see if the error persisted in a new save and so far it doesn't, so I don't know if that means that this save is corrupted or if it won't pop up until later in the game seeing as the error didn't happen until the end of year 3.

Yeah, I posted my log on the mod page but the author still hasn't responded. I started up a new farm to see if the error persisted in a new save and so far it doesn't, so I don't know if that means that this save is corrupted or if it won't pop up until later in the game seeing as the error didn't happen until the end of year 3.
Yea, a bit odd. I tried a quick test with an old save I acquired. But, no crash yet.
The interesting part though; is that I believe it's way the Junimo is being saved. As I noticed that HorseId's look similar in the save.

HorseID's compared to your Junimo error key:
Code:
<HorseId>cea8643f-4fb3-4430-b7de-0ea5570e1502</HorseId>
<HorseId>c353d5d7-7073-4943-a55e-34d5b0d94fa3</HorseId>
Error:  '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'
I can take a look at your original save; see if I can find anything on that end if you'd like.
Just zip it up, and post it here.
How to find them: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Find_your_save_files

Sure, I really appreciate the help and the time you're taking to look at this for me!
Thanks, can you give this updated save a try. Also, can you temporarily remove SaveAnywhere.

I believe SaveAnywhere saved one of the custom Junimos into your save. As I found data for one in a shed, and after removing that data and retesting in-game.
I couldn't get the error to happen anymore.

I've seen a similar issue with mobile saves sometimes throwing errors after they've been transferred to the Desktop version. Since, the mobile version of SDV has a similar SaveAnywhere-like functionality. And, occasionally will save monsters on the farm; but the Desktop version isn't used to that. So, it throws errors.

Attachments

Jenteel

Cowpoke
Thank you so much for fixing the problem for me!!! Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that the little bugger I accidently spawned in by pressing "J" when labeling the chest in that shed was going to cause so much trouble. I changed the toggle switch for spawning a Junimo from J to Insert so that I wouldn't randomly spawn another by accident again. I did remove the Save Anywhere mod, I haven't really needed it since I learned how to fight and not die so often that I need a save outside the skull cavern to try again in event I did die. So thanks again, you're the best!!!

Thank you so much for fixing the problem for me!!! Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that the little bugger I accidently spawned in by pressing "J" when labeling the chest in that shed was going to cause so much trouble. I changed the toggle switch for spawning a Junimo from J to Insert so that I wouldn't randomly spawn another by accident again. I did remove the Save Anywhere mod, I haven't really needed it since I learned how to fight and not die so often that I need a save outside the skull cavern to try again in event I did die. So thanks again, you're the best!!!
No prob; glad I could help! ^-^

demfeels

Newcomer
Hi, I happened to stumble upon the link to this page from nexus mod user jentleness69. Seems like the Jenteel here and back on nexusmod forum is same. :)
I have the similar problem but the mod author is not replying to the same query. Could MysticTempest help me understand whether my issue is same as that of Jenteel?
I have not installed save anywhere mod.
https://smapi.io/log/fb2c5c4a6c1c43bb924c9b10d7850bba

Thanks.

Attachments

Hi, I happened to stumble upon the link to this page from nexus mod user jentleness69. Seems like the Jenteel here and back on nexusmod forum is same. :)
I have the similar problem but the mod author is not replying to the same query. Could MysticTempest help me understand whether my issue is same as that of Jenteel?
I have not installed save anywhere mod.
https://smapi.io/log/fb2c5c4a6c1c43bb924c9b10d7850bba

Thanks.
That's a bit odd that it happened without SaveAnywhere. I know the mod usually has issues with custom mod data.
And, when I tried without SA on a personal file; I couldn't reproduce it. But, I'm not sure; maybe I missed something.

Anyway, it was the same basic issue. One of the custom junimos in a shed building; causing the same key error.
Here's a fixed save with the junimo removed.

Attachments

demfeels

Newcomer
That's a bit odd that it happened without SaveAnywhere. I know the mod usually has issues with custom mod data.
And, when I tried without SA on a personal file; I couldn't reproduce it. But, I'm not sure; maybe I missed something.

Anyway, it was the same basic issue. One of the custom junimos in a shed building; causing the same key error.
Here's a fixed save with the junimo removed.
Hi, Thanks so much for the fix MysticTempest. I have configured the junomis to work till late night, so maybe it is causing the junimos to save inside the shed. Like Jenteel, I think that the issue occurred after my latest chests naming from chest anywhere mod. It seems like the best thing to do when installing better junimos is to remove the shortcut to spawn the junimos.