Game crashes at EOD save and won't launch next day

bethann08

Greenhorn
I'm heavily modded. I'm going to guess this has something to do with PyTK being phased out but I wanted to check. I have also updated the mods listed that are asking to be updated so I'm not sure why that isn't showing current.

Platform Windows -Steam
Game version 1.5
SMAPI log
https://smapi.io/log/bcddf90b821744fa914a80cbbcc713b2
Steps to reproduce end of say save
Expected vs Actual results I expect to move on to the next day, and my SMAPI is red upon trying to save

Howdy, thanks for the log!

So, there's a small error with Mumps; claiming a conflict with PyTK. You can try removing PyTK. It's a long mod list, but you seem to have some of the updated versions of mods; like TMXL for example which no longer need PyTK.

But, your main issue is "BFAV Squirrels". There's already a bug report/fix by a user named Renesh on the mod page: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4051?tab=bugs

Check out their fix, and it should let you progress to the next day.

Code:
15:50:13    DEBUG    MUMPs    Failed to retrieve hijacked pytk display device, attempting default
15:50:14    ERROR    MUMPs    This mod failed in the GameLoop.SaveLoaded event. Technical details:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MUMPs.Props.LightingLayer.Reload() in C:\Users\Wren\source\repos\MUMPs\MUMPs\Props\LightingLayer.cs:line 41
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101

15:59:50    ERROR    Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety    Mod crashed when loading asset 'Animals/Black Squirrel'. SMAPI will use the default asset instead. Error details:
FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[BFAV] Squirrels\assets\Black Squirrel'.
File name: 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[BFAV] Squirrels\assets\Black Squirrel'
   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(FileStream this, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(FileStream this, String path, FileMode mode)
   at Paritee.StardewValley.Core.Utilities.Mod.LoadTexture(String filePath) in C:\Users\elbe\source\repos\StardewValleyMods\Paritee.StardewValley.Core\Utilities\Mod.cs:line 48
   at BetterFarmAnimalVariety.Framework.Loaders.FarmAnimalSprites.Load[T](IAssetInfo asset) in C:\Users\elbe\source\repos\StardewValleyMods\BetterFarmAnimalVariety\Framework\Loaders\FarmAnimalSprites.cs:line 41
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCoordinator.<>c__DisplayClass60_0`1.<GetAssetOperationsWithoutCache>b__1(IAssetInfo assetInfo) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentCoordinator.cs:line 688
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.ApplyLoader[T](IAssetInfo info, List`1 loadOperations) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 175
Edit:
Forgot to add. CustomFurniture/SpaceCore is having some issues lately with how it loads CF items.
And, there's potential for crashes. I'm not seeing any errors for that in your log; so this is just an FYI.

But, it's recommended to temporarily remove those mods. The error looks sort of like this: "The given key '66' was not present in the dictionary."
The number will change, but it has that basic error; and references furniture.
Fixable, but I've been seeing a lot of users with it lately.

Last edited:

bethann08

Greenhorn
Howdy, thanks for the log!

So, there's a small error with Mumps; claiming a conflict with PyTK. You can try removing PyTK. It's a long mod list, but you seem to have some of the updated versions of mods; like TMXL for example which no longer need PyTK.

But, your main issue is "BFAV Squirrels". There's already a bug report/fix by a user named Renesh on the mod page: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4051?tab=bugs

Check out their fix, and it should let you progress to the next day.

Code:
15:50:13    DEBUG    MUMPs    Failed to retrieve hijacked pytk display device, attempting default
15:50:14    ERROR    MUMPs    This mod failed in the GameLoop.SaveLoaded event. Technical details:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MUMPs.Props.LightingLayer.Reload() in C:\Users\Wren\source\repos\MUMPs\MUMPs\Props\LightingLayer.cs:line 41
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101

15:59:50    ERROR    Paritee's Better Farm Animal Variety    Mod crashed when loading asset 'Animals/Black Squirrel'. SMAPI will use the default asset instead. Error details:
FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[BFAV] Squirrels\assets\Black Squirrel'.
File name: 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[BFAV] Squirrels\assets\Black Squirrel'
   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(FileStream this, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(FileStream this, String path, FileMode mode)
   at Paritee.StardewValley.Core.Utilities.Mod.LoadTexture(String filePath) in C:\Users\elbe\source\repos\StardewValleyMods\Paritee.StardewValley.Core\Utilities\Mod.cs:line 48
   at BetterFarmAnimalVariety.Framework.Loaders.FarmAnimalSprites.Load[T](IAssetInfo asset) in C:\Users\elbe\source\repos\StardewValleyMods\BetterFarmAnimalVariety\Framework\Loaders\FarmAnimalSprites.cs:line 41
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCoordinator.<>c__DisplayClass60_0`1.<GetAssetOperationsWithoutCache>b__1(IAssetInfo assetInfo) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentCoordinator.cs:line 688
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.ApplyLoader[T](IAssetInfo info, List`1 loadOperations) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 175
Edit:
Forgot to add. CustomFurniture/SpaceCore is having some issues lately with how it loads CF items.
And, there's potential for crashes. I'm not seeing any errors for that in your log; so this is just an FYI.

But, it's recommended to temporarily remove those mods. The error looks sort of like this: "The given key '66' was not present in the dictionary."
The number will change, but it has that basic error; and references furniture.
Fixable, but I've been seeing a lot of users with it lately.
Oh my goodness I've made 4 new farms thinking I just corrupted my save file.... THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was aware mods were migrating away from PyTK