Fruit trees in winter

Darth Revan

Sodbuster
Can I plant a fruit tree in winter, will they grow in that season? I know they won't bear fruit in winter but I want to know if they grow to plan

kohlrak

Farmhand
I can't tell you, but i'm not sure why you couldn't do a save back up (incase the winter kills sapplings) and plant them anyway and see what happens. Or do you have some complex metagame in your plan that requires them to start showing fruit at a specific time?

Darth Revan

Sodbuster
I need a fruit tree to give me fruit in spring for the artisan bundle
I can't tell you, but i'm not sure why you couldn't do a save back up (incase the winter kills sapplings) and plant them anyway and see what happens. Or do you have some complex metagame in your plan that requires them to start showing fruit at a specific time?

kohlrak

Farmhand
I need a fruit tree to give me fruit in spring for the artisan bundle
Unless you're expecting the cart to give it to you, you have to plant it, anyway. As long as it doesn't die in the winter (it's been a long time since i played), i'd plant it anyway, 'cause you need that tree to grow either way. Just make a backup save to play it safe. A quick google says they did in 2016, but only fruit trees.

Darth Revan

Sodbuster
Unless you're expecting the cart to give it to you, you have to plant it, anyway. As long as it doesn't die in the winter (it's been a long time since i played), i'd plant it anyway, 'cause you need that tree to grow either way. Just make a backup save to play it safe. A quick google says they did in 2016, but only fruit trees.
Ok, i'll try it, thanks