Question First time modder

Swartzki

Tiller
hey guys any advice for modding for the first time. I just got Stardew for my MacBook pro on steam so I am trying to mod and I am so lost,

Tom

Farmer
Same boat here. I'd be interested in forking Pacifist Valley if I could get a leg up. I am not interested in making a career out of it. I suppose the Modding Discussion forum would be a better place for this thread.

mouse

Farmer
Same boat here. I'd be interested in forking Pacifist Valley if I could get a leg up. I am not interested in making a career out of it. I suppose the Modding Discussion forum would be a better place for this thread.
The source for Pacifist Valley is here, and this is a basic walkthrough for getting an environment and first mod set up. Like a previous commenter suggested, it could be helpful if you gave a basic idea of what specific things you were looking to accomplish with a mod. The effort/involvement level just depends on the goal and what prior experience you have if any :)

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Farmer
The source for Pacifist Valley is here, and this is a basic walkthrough for getting an environment and first mod set up. Like a previous commenter suggested, it could be helpful if you gave a basic idea of what specific things you were looking to accomplish with a mod. The effort/involvement level just depends on the goal and what prior experience you have if any :)
This is exactly what I have been looking for! (Clint quote unintended.) I am looking through the code now, and you provided everything I need to do what I hope to do. Thanks a million.

mouse

Farmer
Yay, good luck! (Also, if you are ever wondering if a mod is open source or not, the compatibility page has a "show advanced info" checkbox. If you check that, it will add a link to the source code for every known SMAPI mod along with its license if applicable! You can also use it to filter out closed source mods from the list entirely.)